cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

karlz28
Honored Guest
I sent a message to support,  they said here is a link of other computers to buy.   I guess they do not even read the tech questions, when the 2017 Apple iMac has all the hardware required...
I guess facebook is more concerned at selling other computers, than to recognize that new apple machines will run their device with no issues, other than than problem message...

vertexbreakers
Explorer
+1, dual xeon + 1080TI + 64Go Ram and computer does not meet recommendations ??, really ???

karlz28
Honored Guest
Guess I will not be a advocate for Oculus as I have been..... I guess I will buy no more software, since my experience may be affected....

karlz28
Honored Guest
Here is a good one,  Oculus does not think the RX 580 Pro is an accepted graphics card.   That is why this message is appearing,  go to HTC VIVE site,  and it says my 40GB of ram, my 4.5 GHZ I7 processor, and my Video card RX 580 is all checked as "your system will meet the minimum specifications of VIVE"   Guess if Oculus can't remove the message, I can remove the Oculus......

Eychimo
Explorer
Agreed, tired of this crap. I bought a Vive. People at Oculus are more interested in you buying a new computer through them then fixing something that does nothing but annoy. I have told and showed every one what a piece of work Oculus is. You have not sold 1 rift from my recommendations. Congrats. 

FroggoVG
Explorer
Same situation here.  2018 and still no check box to disable this message.  Sent feedback with no response from Oculus.  I don't mind seeing this once.  I DO mind seeing this until I buy a competing product.

red6ft10
Honored Guest
I have the Same message and I am using a Xeon X5670 overclocked to 4.2GHz with a GTX 1060 6GB and 40GB RAM. So stupid that they don't make a fix for this.  I have 6 cores and 12 threads! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I complained enough at this. Plus the daft SSE4.2 check is known to still not need to be ran as a prerequisite to the Runtime Installers since 1.3 and there is sufficient proof of XEON QUAD DUO 3GHz running VR perfect enough. If the DebugTool can rid this then so too can Oculus Home. I am aware that they can't include a Disable ASW Switch (bollcks they can't if Debug can then Home can do it!!!")

Anonymous
Not applicable
Almost 2019 already. Is there a hack to turn this off in VR or can devs listen at long last and add a switch?
It's only in DASH as I disable Home2 to run via Homeless Hack but it hid the instructions on the Experiment Menus and so made DASH pointless until I seen the switch for Pull Out Window (should not be labelled Tab).

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

Almost 2019 already. Is there a hack to turn this off in VR or can devs listen at long last and add a switch?
It's only in DASH as I disable Home2 to run via Homeless Hack but it hid the instructions on the Experiment Menus and so made DASH pointless until I seen the switch for Pull Out Window (should not be labelled Tab).

I thought this turned it off:

w993a7c58lje.png