cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request timed out

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Was trying to rerun full Oculus setup for 1.14 because I read it's better suited for 3 sensors, unfortunately I'm getting: "Great controller is visible" green circle completes it round, followed by: "Request timed out" when holding the controller at eye level. Wtf? Everything was just working moment ago, prior to setup!
13 REPLIES 13

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
"I'm gonna go nuts baby" (guess who said that) Somebody help! What is the problem!? Everything was fine up to that point!

Everyone's out of the house, it's time to play and I can't! That's really frustrating!

EDIT: Exact message is:

Request Timed Out
We couldn't initiate tracking.

EDIT2: Isn't this "groovy" I skipped for now, just so I can do something while someone has time to answer and the whole program just crashed!

"Fatal error in gc
GetThreadContext failed"

EDIT3: I give up. Unplugged one sensor so I could play something, and now it asks me to rearrange sensors back to 6ft from 9ft. Eff you very much Oculus for ruining my Saturday! 
Why, oh why did I touch my working setup! FU!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you manage to fix it? I´m having the same problem

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

natsunoko said:

Did you manage to fix it? I´m having the same problem

After computer restart it let me finish. It kept on happening with the time-outs, but at least on couple occasions it let me complete it. 

are you still on ver 1.14 or you having this problem with ver 1.15 again. Because if it's 1.15, then I'm not touching my setup again. I was gonna redo it again, since they claim they improved room-scale again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
1.14 I mend it somehow rearranging my sensors physically. It`s weird tho because I have not moved them for a while when they started to work funny (had those time-outs and something is blocking your sensors when re-installing)

idk31
Explorer
For posterity, I had the same problem. I fixed it by unplugging every unnecessary usb device: my wifi adapter, xbox controller, and external hd. Rebooted. Then, I could continue setup.

Dizzzie
Explorer
I fixed this by going to device manager, Oculus Rift Devices, Rift Sensors,  Right clicking, Update Driver, BROWSE MY PC,  Let me Pick,  and then Rift Sensor is already selected, Click Next.  Install.  Restart Oculus.  Tracking FIXED!!!!

morganwalkup
Honored Guest
I had this same issue today when setting the rift up at my parent’s house. I fixed it by moving the setup to another room. My theory is that the living room (the first setup room) had too much IR interference. The second room just had a tv and an Xbox, and Oculus set up worked without issue.

BassSlappa
Honored Guest
I was having the "request time out  - we couldn't initiate tracking" issue ever since I got a third sensor two weeks ago.  I tried everything from updating drivers, reinstalling oculus, restarting my computer, re-running the setup, covering mirrors, changing my USB configurations, changing my sensor placements, changing my USB power settings, buying new USB extension cables, everything...and nothing worked. 

I was about to give up and send back my sensor for replacement when I read in another thread that christmas lights were giving somebody an issue.  I of course had christmas lights lining my entire play area,  so I unplugged them and the setup immediately completed. Problem solved. Idk why Oculus doesn't say that lights can effect sensor tracking...

tl;dr try running the setup with your lights turned off. 

Bertilak
Honored Guest
Hello everyone.  I have the definitive answer on this.  IF you reinstall the drivers and still get this message, the problem is exactly as BassSlappe stated.  You're in a room with too much interference (for example, your TV is on while you're running setup).  Turn off everything but your computer continue setup.  It'll work with no problem.