cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 4 VR Guide: Touch Emulator Reaches Final Version With Save Profile!

DNACowboy
Adventurer

With the imminent release of Fallout 4 VR post your experiences and any compatibility issues here please.

thanks

ps for your entertainment I've also posted new game play video including footage of the so-called 'human locomotion' option.
Who is John Galt?
82 REPLIES 82

comedykev
Protege

redmantab said:

Fellas,  This new Open Vr Emulator fix linked two posts above - I went to the link and it just isn't very understandable.  Would someone who understands "how to do this" kindly explain with a few sentences here?  Do I just download and install and it works?  It seems like I have to customize a few things and I have no clue what this Open Vr is and what to customize.  Some kind soul sharing a bit on how to do this would greatly improve my holiday cheer 😉

I second this, i'm a bit of a cabbage when it comes to this type of thing.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You download the executable that has “oculus fix” in the name and run it. It will integrate itself into SteamVR, so that when you pull up the SteamVR dash (left Touch menu button when you’re in SteamVR), you’ll see a button marked Input Emulator near the bottom of the menu. Click that to edit your inputs. 

So so in the main screen, you’ll see a dropdown menu to select your device. Choose Left Controller, then click Input Remapping. Scroll down to the Analog section, click Joystick (Axis 0), and in that menu, check the box to enable Deadzone Fix, and for Touchpad Emulation, choose Positional. Click Save, and exit back out to the main menu. Repeat for the right controller. This will make your joysticks act properly in the menus, and will make it easier to click the stick by eliminating the center deadzone. In the current version of Input Emulator, these setting won’t save to a profile, so you’ll have to apply them each time you launch SteamVR. Once the fix is finalized, we should be able to save it into a profile.  The analog joystick fixes can now be saved to your remapping profile.

If you also want to remap some buttons, you can do that too. I like to map the grip buttons to emulate the touchpad/thumbstick click, so I can pick up items with the grip buttons like you do in most Oculus games. To do that, go to the Input Remapping (Digital) section for each controller, and click Grip, choose OpenVR as the mapping type, and map it to Axis 0. You’ll also want to relocate the old grip functions to another button—the A/X buttons are unused in Fallout 4 VR, so for each controller, go to Button_A, choose OpenVR, and remap it to Grip. The regular input remapping can be saved to a profile, which you apply each time you start SteamVR before launching the game. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

redmantab
Protege
Wow thank you.  I have it working.  Very helpful! 

1 - Do we have to re apply this entire controller thing every time we launch fallout 4 vr since it doesn't save profiles?

2 - what is the current best solution for the blurry issues many are having.  i would think super sampling with the oculus debug tool would work best?  I have a 1080ti....hmmm any thoughts on that? 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It’ll save a remapping profile, but you’ll have to re-apply the analog joystick fixes for now. Response has been very positive to the test version, so hopefully the guy doing it will finalize it and get the profile saving sorted soon. 

For the blurriness, you can certainly play with your SS, either through the debug tool, or with the SS settings in SteamVR. There are also a few Reddit threads with some variable tweaks you can try to fine tune the TAA sampling that the game uses. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can someone please come up with an easy fix. Even the lady in the YouTube video seemed to be having problems understanding the controller and she was on a Vive lol..

comedykev
Protege
@nalex66 Many thanks for taking the time to help, most appreciated, 

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
Does anyone know how to add weapons to the favourites quick selection 'wheel' menu? 

The only items on my favorites quick select are the 10mm pistol, and the stimpak, and I think those are defaults.  

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Does anyone know how to add weapons to the favourites quick selection 'wheel' menu? 

The only items on my favorites quick select are the 10mm pistol, and the stimpak, and I think those are defaults.  

You do it in the Pipboy. Go to your weapons tab and highlight the weapon you want to add. Click the thumbstick for “Options”. In that pop-up menu, one of your choices is FAV. Click that, then it will show you the wheel. Swing your thumbstick to a vacant slot, and pull the trigger to set it. You can also add chems or aid items. 

You can can also re-add items to move them to different slots on the Fav menu. I moved Stimpaks to the top of the wheel, because when it was at its default side spot, I accidentally used a few when snap-turning. 

StreetPreacher
Adventurer

nalex66 said:

You do it in the Pipboy. Go to your weapons tab and highlight the weapon you want to add. Click the thumbstick for “Options”. In that pop-up menu, one of your choices is FAV. Click that, then it will show you the wheel. Swing your thumbstick to a vacant slot, and pull the trigger to set it. You can also add chems or aid items. 

You can can also re-add items to move them to different slots on the Fav menu. I moved Stimpaks to the top of the wheel, because when it was at its default side spot, I accidentally used a few when snap-turning. 

Thanks!  I think clicking the thumbstick might be the only action I didn't try.  Tried all the triggers, face buttons, but just couldn't find the favourite option...

DNACowboy
Adventurer

ignore

Who is John Galt?