cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
First project, at least the first one that I'm going to post.   My first creation was actually more or less a beanbag chair, because after working through the tutorials I wanted to sit down.   Made this spaceship in mid February of 2017
nds34mldyyfr.jpgjww6ppv8xshc.pngyww8k13on4m9.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
A couple days later, another spaceship
wgx059s8n6o6.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Started to  scope out some of the other tools.   This was done using the now extinct precursor to the move tool.  Didn't use this a whole lot afterwords, but every once in a while I find myself wishing it was available.  Was pretty good for quickly laying out organic shapes. Also discovered emissives.  They don't quite have the same impact in 2d format, but this is the translation from VR.
3uqk6hiv9jtg.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Next, it was time to take a closer look at metallics
t1det5jnwk1j.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple landscape test.  Backdrop is a sliced cube which was directly painted on.  At the expense of surround sound in VR, it was useful for creating a more painter style airbrush approach
vrayzcxrobqm.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
This constructor spaceship went through a few iterations and ended up here.  Composing music for the galaxy
2bd6urdvglgg.pngnvnkq95v6pwp.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Neon cyber ninja, somewhat abstract, sometimes you just have to dive into sculpting with things that are best experienced in the virtual spaces
jc5hbq2wf7nd.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which leads to a neon tribal mask of another form, love playing with the bright lights and drawing with dots
0qmplbnv6fey.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right around this time, I realized that if it didn't need to be 3d printed, then the work didn't need to be contiguous.  Made an abstract, and discovered how to work the turntable.  Spent a while watching the shapes roll through my face
r37cocjt3fsy.png