New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Intermittent sound in right headphone whilst fine in left

m.a.searlem.a.searle Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi
i have a rift, bought yesterday, and all but the right headphone works fine. I have checked my audio is set to rift audio, it has the dvd sampling rate set, might try cd sampling. When I move the headphone it sometimes come to life and then disappears when I move my head. It feels like a broken wire or loose connection issue rather than software. Any advice??
Tagged:

Comments

• FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    I had the same problem, and I discovered that my left headphone sometimes unscrews on its own, it's sometimes just simple as that...
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,075 Valuable Player
    Ditto. After maybe 18 months on Thursday night my left headphone started cutting out. I was worried however 2 mins with a screw driver tightening up fixed it
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • klrichardsklrichards Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I also had the same problem with the left audio. Tried fast forwards suggestion of tightening the screw and it fixed it. Cool. Love the rift so far