cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Computer Error

dem347
Explorer
Since Official support doesn't seem to help.
Since about December 9 I've been completely unable to use the Oculus Home Software.
After failing an automatic Repair I was prompted to re-download the setup.
The Setup failed giving me a restart computer error.
I restarted, it failed giving the same issue.
Ran the setup as Admin, same issue.
I disabled my Antivirus, same issue.
Went through my permissions registry, same issue.
Re-Installed Windows, same issue.
Moved my OS to a new SSD, same issue.
Attempted to install on a New Volume, same issue.
Went through all the previous steps before Windows-Reinstall with official support and submitted logs, same issue.
Installed Occulus home on a secondary PC on the same network successfully.
To sum it up, I am at my wits end with this and I'm curious if anyone in the community has any possible solution to this.

15 REPLIES 15

Rock9827
Honored Guest
I have the same issue also.

dem347
Explorer

Rock9827 said:

I have the same issue also.

Frustrates me to no end because the length of time after my original purchase means I can't get a refund.
I'm stuck with a $400 brick.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Hi, I feel your pain...
Did you open a support ticket with Oculus support team? < OK, my bad, didn't read well your first post>
Could you describe exactly what you mean by "a restart computer error"?
And also, describe your computer specifications? That may help to narrow the problem.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

dem347
Explorer

YoLolo69 said:

Hi, I feel your pain...
Did you open a support ticket with Oculus support team? < OK, my bad, didn't read well your first post>
Could you describe exactly what you mean by "a restart computer error"?
And also, describe your computer specifications? That may help to narrow the problem.

NVM, seems after running the program into a wall for a week and going through the motions with everybody it all resulted In it just magically working this evening, literally the only difference was setting the OVRLibrary service to realtime demand in task manager.

EpicLazyKing
Explorer
Help I have same problem explain how to fix please

DustyinLVNV
Explorer
Same exact issue. I don't see an OVRLibrary task anywhere.

Montee2
Honored Guest
any solution to this problem. I just installed a new ssd and i am having the same problem. 

Salty_GOODz
Honored Guest
I've got the same problem now. I reformatted my computer a couple of months ago and just realized I didn't reinstall Oculus last night when I tried to play. Nothing changes as far as hardware goes. I've tried all of the solutions that the OP has tried.

It will make it all the way through the installation progress bar and then give an error "Restart Computer" "Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer try running Oculus Setup again. If you still experience issues, contact Oculus Support." with no error ID. I have no idea how to get this working... I've tried with the Rift plugged in and unplugged.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
I don't even get the error message, I upload the software click next and all I get is the black square with the oculus logo and it gets stuck there, I need the task manager to close it up. Funny thing about it is that it ran perfect for  months and from the night I shut down my computer to the next morning when I went to put on my headset again boom! nothing. Reloaded the software, and did everything possible including windows with the new updated version, the oculus software just gets stuck at the same place . Specs are down there 
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD