cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent sound in right headphone whilst fine in left

m_a_searle
Honored Guest
Hi
i have a rift, bought yesterday, and all but the right headphone works fine. I have checked my audio is set to rift audio, it has the dvd sampling rate set, might try cd sampling. When I move the headphone it sometimes come to life and then disappears when I move my head. It feels like a broken wire or loose connection issue rather than software. Any advice??
3 REPLIES 3

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I had the same problem, and I discovered that my left headphone sometimes unscrews on its own, it's sometimes just simple as that...
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Ditto. After maybe 18 months on Thursday night my left headphone started cutting out. I was worried however 2 mins with a screw driver tightening up fixed it
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

klrichards
Explorer
I also had the same problem with the left audio. Tried fast forwards suggestion of tightening the screw and it fixed it. Cool. Love the rift so far