cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
Down the street, posed like a gunslinger.  Ground lighting at the expense of background
svqc515vc35p.png
Closing in, a little better.  Spending an inordinate amount of time adjusting lights.  Each placement, teaches me a little bit, mostly that it's tricky to illuminate a black background.  More and/or brighter spotlights would be helpful, maybe a procedurally generated star filled sky that could be saved and imported as a backdrop.
wv2msum52f0q.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit more color and a higher lighting angle from above.  Different aspects of the painting are highlighted from an overhead flare
5951lniykjp2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some interesting things emerged over the course of this project.  Here he is, fresh off the assembly line.  His visor appears somewhat transparent.  Some kind of reflection trickery.  Will have to decompress the original files and see if the surface texture gives that effect  due to the lighting, or is placed behind and emissive enough to create a transparency effect.  Anyhow, interesting enough to post.
r9610u7i2f3r.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Closeups of the metal, create a pleasing nebula like glow.  Some potentials here to export the tile a mesh, or make a similar one and use as space or landscape cloud backdrops

15e1srxmyv69.png

65s2th9iqt44.png
48tcpxvad0xq.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iridescent sheen, like an oil slick on this closeup, something to remember and explore further.  Intriguing.  Not as pretty, but industrial, and convincing if planned for a surface segment.  Was trying to capture a small clay-to mesh tank that I threw in there at some point, lucky image.
5608903e58q2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blingbot, mission complete, heads out. All shined up, cooling units intact.  Full bling activated using marmoset. Object illuminated separate from the background. Maybe a way to do something similar in the future with texture settings?
ygexf9pul1js.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another city, perhaps a more refined place than girders and rubble.   A variety of stamps and somewhat haphazard stacking to get a feel for building designs, and get a sense of what size, reasonably detailed, city model can be built with my current setup.  It's no metropolis, but manages to  create enough for a downtown area. Not sure if I started pushing the cpu or just ran out of layers.  Each of these gets turned into it's own stamp, could be useful later.
yfsbtw81lbyq.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
On second thought, what I need is urban sprawl... an island packed with skyscrapers, shanties and prefab architecture.
z14778yimneo.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice little island you have there, would be terrible if something happened to it, such as forgetting to make the monthly payment to the giant robotic sea kraken...

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
In case you missed it, I figured out a method of faking multiple lights a while back - https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/49040/how-to-3-point-lighting-straight-out-of-medium I