cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying used Rift & Touch - Do I get the free Games?

troxmo
Honored Guest
I have supported Oculus since DK1 and consider buying a used Rift with Touch Controllers.
Will I get the free games that come with touch (like Robo Recall) or are those free games bound to the Oculus Account of the preowner?
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
No free games, they get attached to the active account the first time the Touch controllers are activated.

Edit: Some games are free for all Rift owners, but the specific games that come with Touch (Medium, Quill, Robo Recall, Dead and Buried) will have to be purchased.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Snot_Shot
Expert Protege
Dont worry about Robo Recall, winter sale is currently on and you can nab some good games up to 65% cheaper. For around £65 you can grab 7 top game package.

Meat_Man
Expert Protege
Getting the Oculus for new on sale is definitely a better deal than getting it new.  You get the free games, but you also guarantee that it is brand new and not likely to break within the next year.  If it does break, however, you have the warranty, which you wouldn't have if it was used.   

cybereality
Grand Champion
The free games only apply to the account first used to setup a new pair of controllers. Second hand owner won't get the games. In addition, the warranty is not transferable, so if there is any problem you can't get a replacement. Due to this, you are much better off buying new.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV