cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here

reefy86
Adventurer
just to make it easier for us all and for the staff rather then having multiple post's

my problem is i cannot keep my sensors or headset working. they switch between each other disconnecting and then the headset turns off and then repeats everytime i load oculus up.
267 REPLIES 267

reefy86
Adventurer
Does anyone else have random issues where you can have a few days of your rift running smooth and then without no changes to anything you then get constant disconnects from all your sensors to the point its unusable.

kzintzi
Trustee
made a separate post for this before I saw this thread..

stuttering audio with Realtek sound card - solution is to reinstall the sound card drivers.. seems to be related to "....\AppData\Roaming\Oculus\sessions" data as when you delete this folder the issue recurs, and you have to reinstall the sound card drivers again.

problem exists with original drivers, and current version (Realtek_AudioDriver_Win7-10_V6018158_20170607) on Asus website.

Motherboard: Asus Z170Pro
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

RedCrowBleeding
Honored Guest

reefy86 said:

Does anyone else have random issues where you can have a few days of your rift running smooth and then without no changes to anything you then get constant disconnects from all your sensors to the point its unusable.

as temp fix, i've noticed the usb2.0 connections are rock solid and tracking extremely well.

Coreolanus
Honored Guest
I have had to revert to rift home as the new beta kept freezing my PC. This also happened when trying to play a steam game. Soon as I reverted the game came on and worked perfectly.

YoLolo69
Trustee

reefy86 said:

as temp fix, i've noticed the usb2.0 connections are rock solid and tracking extremely well.

My headset and one sensor is plugged in USB2 port and the 2 other sensors on USB3. I have sometimes a "bad Tracking" message on random sensor on one of the USB3 ones but didn't notice problem when I use my rift.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I occasionally get poor tracking warnings, but i found a reset of either the rift software or the PC sorts them out, but i have no idea why they are appearing in the first place.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

WhipDiddyWhip
Explorer
im getting the trouble of the touch controllers being always in view when in games, instead of turning off and disappearing when not needed they stay in view i.e. driving games

Zynamic
Honored Guest
I'm missing the Desktop icon (just a blank space next to Store/Home) within Dash running 1.21.0. Opt out/in to Beta tried as well as BIOS disable iGPU.

jwb1971
Explorer
I was having an issue with a few games where if I moved forward (with my whole head in Dirt Rally - or just my hands in Artika.1) the screen would go black. I could hear sound and interact with stuff (in total darkness) but the game was still running. When I rolled back from Core 2.0 everything worked again. I have an i5 4690K at 3.5 Ghz and a ATi Radeon R290X and 8 GB RAM. 

Jrivt
Honored Guest
The Universal Menu is stuck behind the pinned screens, and impossible to reset.