Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here - Page 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here

Comments

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    made a separate post for this before I saw this thread..

stuttering audio with Realtek sound card - solution is to reinstall the sound card drivers.. seems to be related to "....\AppData\Roaming\Oculus\sessions" data as when you delete this folder the issue recurs, and you have to reinstall the sound card drivers again.

problem exists with original drivers, and current version (Realtek_AudioDriver_Win7-10_V6018158_20170607) on Asus website.

Motherboard: Asus Z170Pro
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • RedCrowBleedingRedCrowBleeding Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    reefy86 said:
    Does anyone else have random issues where you can have a few days of your rift running smooth and then without no changes to anything you then get constant disconnects from all your sensors to the point its unusable.
    as temp fix, i've noticed the usb2.0 connections are rock solid and tracking extremely well.
  • CoreolanusCoreolanus Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I have had to revert to rift home as the new beta kept freezing my PC. This also happened when trying to play a steam game. Soon as I reverted the game came on and worked perfectly.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    reefy86 said:
    Does anyone else have random issues where you can have a few days of your rift running smooth and then without no changes to anything you then get constant disconnects from all your sensors to the point its unusable.
    as temp fix, i've noticed the usb2.0 connections are rock solid and tracking extremely well.
    My headset and one sensor is plugged in USB2 port and the 2 other sensors on USB3. I have sometimes a "bad Tracking" message on random sensor on one of the USB3 ones but didn't notice problem when I use my rift.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 536
    Neo
    I occasionally get poor tracking warnings, but i found a reset of either the rift software or the PC sorts them out, but i have no idea why they are appearing in the first place.
  • WhipDiddyWhipWhipDiddyWhip Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    im getting the trouble of the touch controllers being always in view when in games, instead of turning off and disappearing when not needed they stay in view i.e. driving games
  • ZynamicZynamic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I'm missing the Desktop icon (just a blank space next to Store/Home) within Dash running 1.21.0. Opt out/in to Beta tried as well as BIOS disable iGPU.
  • jwb1971jwb1971 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I was having an issue with a few games where if I moved forward (with my whole head in Dirt Rally - or just my hands in Artika.1) the screen would go black. I could hear sound and interact with stuff (in total darkness) but the game was still running. When I rolled back from Core 2.0 everything worked again. I have an i5 4690K at 3.5 Ghz and a ATi Radeon R290X and 8 GB RAM. 
  • JrivtJrivt Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The Universal Menu is stuck behind the pinned screens, and impossible to reset. 
  • tilburgUtilburgU Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    All apps are 'not installed' > i repaired but it did not help. I cannot download any new apps, the downloadbutton does not work
  • HoIIywoodHoIIywood Posts: 325
    Trinity
    edited December 2017
    1. I cannot play any games from within Rift Home. They are visible, and can be clicked on, though nothing happens.
    2. I cannot see the Guardian boundary when pressing on the Home button via Touchpad (Right) like we used to. THis is crucial to help you get a quick bearings on where you are standing.

That's all I have found so far.
  • MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    tilburgU said:
    All apps are 'not installed' > i repaired but it did not help. I cannot download any new apps, the downloadbutton does not work
    Did you do something with the hard drive where the Oculus apps are installed? I had the same problem recenly after cleaning up my Oculus SSD and recreating the volume on it. Cause of the issue is that a new volume generates a new GUID for itself, and Oculus Home still searches for the old GUID when it tries to find the app library. The fix is to either totally reinstall Oculus Home or to mess around with REGEDIT and change the GUID for the library there.
  • OlemguyOlemguy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2017
    Zynamic said:
    I'm missing the Desktop icon (just a blank space next to Store/Home) within Dash running 1.21.0. Opt out/in to Beta tried as well as BIOS disable iGPU.
    I got the same issue, the icon just disappeared after having played some DiRT Rally Steam version. I tried restarting my PC several times, and also opting out/into the beta as you did, to no avail.
  • renegadeliam398renegadeliam398 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    No desktop option in the dash. any ideas on how to fix?
  • bludvlkgbludvlkg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    First time setup...worked fine with initial oculus app install before opting into beta.  After beta update installed, got a notification that guardian was not working and I could continue without dash, but then would not have guardian.  Decided to re-run guardian setup which seemed to be working and then ran full device setup just to be sure and then lost all video and sound to headset...reran full device setup again, still nothing from headset when adjust lenses comes up despite oculus device manager seeing all devices OK...only the yellow light inside the headset at any time. Rig is I7 7700/16GB Win10 with monitor connected to integrated hdmi and rift connected to Nvidia 1060 6GB with 388.71 driver installed.  Went into settings to use classic home mode and headset started working fine again.  
  • SliMaN_78SliMaN_78 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    SliMaN_78 said:
    And secondly, I can't go to "Home." When I click on the "home" button, I just get the greyish "void" but the Home doesn't load. 
    i have exactly the same problem. I can´t load home or store. Just the grey endless matrix. i also get the error:

your oculus account could not be verified check internet connection or restart software

internet connection isn´t the best but ok, restart software didn´t change anything too...

suggestions anyone?

ps: in classic mode everything works fine
    i resolved the Problem. the LAN software was the problem. I deinstalled the Killer Suite and installed the driver only.
    Now it works great. Hope this can help some of you.

PS: New Home is awesome!!
  • HeadlessRolandHeadlessRoland Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Had a bad crash yesterday while running BigScreenVr--bad enough to take down my system and leave it unbootable. Fixed with a recovery boot and chkdsk, but now I can't bring up the keyboard in Dash/Desktop. Tried leaving beta and re-installing, no change. Would welcome any ideas on how to further troubleshoot.
  • DrWagsDrWags Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Liking the beta so far (I am pretty new to everything though) but these are the issues I am noticing:

-no keyboard as my ui scale isn't 100%
    -using xbox controller in desktop mode the pointer isn't actually clicking where I am looking (ui scale I assume)
    -xbox controller works fine in home but if I go to the store it doesn't work at all
    -I find it awkward how the dash radial menu is usually too far down for me to actually look at it without moving the goggles separately from my head

Windows 10 pro
    corei73820
    GTX1070 388..59
  • LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oculus Dash Desktop is just a black window?  Everything else seems to work, but clicking on the Oculus Desktop button on the Dash interface just gives me a black window.  I am guessing this has something to do with my hardware setup.  I am running on an Alienware laptop using the Graphics Amplifier.  A similar issue happened with Virtual Desktop a few updates ago, but the author fixed it.  Where can we report this error so the Rift 2.0 folks takes note of it?
  • blackgold9blackgold9 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    LinkRS said:
    Oculus Dash Desktop is just a black window?  Everything else seems to work, but clicking on the Oculus Desktop button on the Dash interface just gives me a black window.  I am guessing this has something to do with my hardware setup.  I am running on an Alienware laptop using the Graphics Amplifier.  A similar issue happened with Virtual Desktop a few updates ago, but the author fixed it.  Where can we report this error so the Rift 2.0 folks takes note of it?
    I'm having the same issue. Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a 1070 in it
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,858 Valuable Player
    Roaster said:
    tigermilk said:
    How do I get the on screen keyboard to appear? I hit the keyboard button in the lower right, the Oculus "task bar" disappears, and no keyboard appears.
    Did you open desktop first?  Mine opens a keyboard laid out in front of the desktop screen, in place of the dash panel. It'a actually pretty easy to type using both controllers.

Do you have the option to actually type from a real keyboard for those that can touch type?  I hate the idea that I have to do the equivalent to the hunt and peck typing with an index finger, but more like giant arm nubs since I have to hold a controller and point at a keyboard layout.
  • manbubmanbub Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    in the Core 2.0 home, if I bring up the Dash I see the screen in front of me, but the control ring is behind me, I have to setup back 2 steps to see it.

I am also seeing this issue in other games where it doesn't know where I am standing, (ie in the climb the wall is too far from where I am)

I resetup the sensors multiple times, and it seems during configuration to know where I am

any idea?
  • DTHDTH Posts: 245
    Nexus 6
    Last night I made some changes to my home.  Logged in I got a pop up saying something like the changes you made
    then 3 or 4 lines of text at the bottom in white letters on a blue back round it said acknowledgment or something like that.  It only was up a sec or two.  I did not have time to read it and do not think I hit any buttons.  Anyone know what is said?
  • DTHDTH Posts: 245
    Nexus 6
    I have some of my apps on my taskbar.  Sometimes when I open my desktop in core 2 I can get my taskbar to come up and sometimes not.  I do have it set to auto-hide. I only use a few so I might just move them to my desktop for now.  Also, I have a 3 rd sensor or order. Not sure if that will help or not.
  • DevilsNipsDevilsNips Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    Rewards vanish, Play games it tells you you have new stuff for playing "X" game and when you click the open button it just vanishes, Lost more than I have opened so far.

Not receiving new item boxes/rewards when clicking collect myself. the first tutorial box worked, the next 2 did nothing and the 2 i have gotten since did nothing. didnt show the opening and nothing new in inventory. 

Big shame as i have so much less cool stuff compared to mates homes lol
  • mrchrizmrchriz Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi, when opting into the beta Oculus Home starts up as normal but shortly after the display flickers and all icons/taskbar items disappear. The cpu is on high load too (as if it is trying to activate sth/set a resolution but keeps failing and starts over) so I have a very bad experience and low framerates. Turning on classic will bring back everything to normal. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? Specs: 1080ti, 2600k. Thanks!
  • Ursus_ArctosUrsus_Arctos Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    I have a minimum specs pc, an Alienware Aurora R7 with AMD RX 560 graphics card and intel core processor i5-8400.
    Tried upgrading to 2.0 but get a black screen. Rift only works in classic home view.

• olivanneolivanne Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    good evening on the new core rift 2.0 I have no other environments than boats neither basic nor elements of the library nor success in customizing the home. I reinstalled the oculus and its beta 3 times ... someone had the same problem?
    Brain Burst
    Loaded into the oculus today, may not be specifically a rift core 2.0 issue but my headset is showing dominant lag when in home. about to check what its like in games now.

Yesterday was fine, after booting my pc today first thing i did was update Nvidia graphics drivers to version 390.65. Best guess is that must be causing the lag.
    Brain Burst
    Loaded into the oculus today, may not be specifically a rift core 2.0 issue but my headset is showing dominant lag when in home. about to check what its like in games now.

Yesterday was fine, after booting my pc today first thing i did was update Nvidia graphics drivers to version 390.65. Best guess is that must be causing the lag.
    After pc reboot all was fine again in home and gaming was once again smooth.

However i cannot use the in headset store. just loads forever. but that is probably a different issue entirely. going to try opting out and back into rift core 2.0 to see if it fixing any issues im getting.