cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusSetup.exe instant crash on launch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my rift today and I'm trying to run the Oculus Setup file but nothing is working. My hardware meets/passes the minimum requirements pretty easily and my W10 install is up to date. I've tried moving OculusSetup.exe into my C:/ root folder and running as an admin but that didn't work either. Running with my antivirus and firewall turned on and off doesnt change anything either. The crash log reported no errors or issues beyond needing 120 gb, so I moved a lot of my files into other drives and made space in C Drive. Now the crash log shows no issues or errors at all and just ends at "All preflight checks passed."

I dont have any of my rift hardware plugged in at all, and I havent done any registry edits or hotfixes yet.

2 REPLIES 2

GUNNER_GRAHAM_1
Honored Guest
I too have the same problem where I double click on the .exe file and nothing happens. I have also have more than 120GB free.

I am keen to hear how this can be fixed.

BillEggroll
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue I haven't bought a rift yet, Thankfully but probably wont if I cant get this to work. Since its a similar problem I'll leave my specs so we can all compare whats up.

3kjvcs81i80r.png
edvlalv5yzgj.png

Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600
Gpu: gtx 980
Ram: Corsair 16gb
3 Drives
SSD 120gb
1.5tb hdd 
1tb hdd