cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on new Oculus install....

SHADOWSEED
Explorer
Im installing oculus for the first time and i am stuck on "Installing...". Ive searched around for a solution, but nothing has worked. Ive tried:
Disabling anti-virus
Rebooting

I don't even get a OculusSetup.log file in my local app data folder (the install does not even appear to be creating a "oculus" folder!), so im stumped. Any suggestions ?

41 REPLIES 41

vannagirl
Consultant
Is this possibly one of those wrong type of drive format issues??

Someone techy know?? @cybereality
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

SHADOWSEED
Explorer

vannagirl said:

Is this possibly one of those wrong type of drive format issues??

Someone techy know?? @cybereality

"wrong type of drive format issues" ??? as in one of the install drives not being a format the install likes ? All my drives are NTFS. 

vannagirl
Consultant
No it is something to do with dynamic etc, if you do a search you will see the problem come up. 

Other users had issues with the format type of the drive. Can you try install on another drive??

SHADOWSEED
Explorer
Ah, if my NTFS drives are dynamic or simple. Thats not it (they are all simple as required by the installer).. 😞

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you run Windows Update and make sure you're all up to date?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Syrellaris
Rising Star
You mean the installer just sits at a certain point and doesn't move?

SHADOWSEED
Explorer
The installer just said installing... . I deleted everything (temp folders ect), rebooted and it worked!. Go figure.

vannagirl
Consultant

The installer just said installing... . I deleted everything (temp folders ect), rebooted and it worked!. Go figure.

Great !!

So glad you got it fixed

Tod754
Honored Guest
I am still dealing with the same issue but doing what you did didn’t help. Ugh.