cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Would you like to set up your Rift?" Always comes back

Thmoas
Rising Star
"Would you like to set up your Rift?" Always comes back. When I first got my Rift I also had this issue. Then for a while it didn't, now it returned. Since I moved my third sensor back a bit more with an active 5m USB3 cable, it returned. So I just click to set up my Rift and it goes through the whole setup. I finish the setup but the next restart or the next one the message is back.

I don't get any errors, the third sensor is recognised as USB3 and the sensor works fine.

Any ideas? How does Oculus Home decideds that this message should appear? Maybe when I reset the full app might help? I know it still caches stuff (like player height), maybe resetting all like brand new could help?
4 REPLIES 4

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I have the same issue..   I just ignore it for now but always makes me wonder if something is wrong.. 

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
Same here, I have this message since I had to unplug everything from my computer two weeks ago, and I don't want to go through the whole setup because everything works fine...
I don't want to fix something that works well, and it just needs one click to get rid of the message, but like you I find it annoying. I'd like to know a way to get rid of it once and for all :#
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Thmoas
Rising Star
If I recall correctly I did not receive the message anymore now (I'm on Core 2.0 beta).

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I have also been getting this now, along with other issues which i am laying clearly on some W10 update that happened some time during October/November, because when i bought the Rift during the summer sales it was a trouble free expereince, now since at least November there have been a weird degrading the performnce in some VR games and even the rift itself, that was not present when i first bought the system, even to the stage now where i have to use the Oculus tool on games like Euro truck sim and Dirt rally to disable AWS to stop the jurky stuttering fps when it drops below 90fps, something i have only had to start doing on these games as of late, as they were trouble free way back in July, and all this has only come about since around November.....i am on the verge of installing W8 to see if this helps sort out just whatever is causing all this.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?