cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR1FT problems

I haven't played this game in a while so it's difficult to pin down when the problem started but unable to run this game now (maybe a Core 2.0 issue?).

It's the Steam version (don't kick me) and I've tried the usual verification of files etc. All I'm getting is a white screen but the game appears to be running as I have sound. Game runs ok in desktop mode though. Anyone else having this problem or found the cause?

I'm not that fussed about playing the game but my OCD dictates I fix it.

27 REPLIES 27

You get an awesome too @RedRizla, I wasn't expecting a quick answer with this as it's Christmas and a lot of people are like me, away from their beloved PC.... I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

Whenever I get a VR game, I decide whether to go for Oculus Home or Steam on a case by case basis. I don't seem to suffer any performance hit if I go for Steam, but I used to think it gave a little freedom of choice in case I ever switched to different hardware. Plus you often get desktop playability in some games that you don't get on Home... Adr1ft is one of those games though that really only makes sense in VR.

Now though I'm increasingly of a mind that I'll be sticking with Oculus for software if there's a choice.

trek554
Adventurer
Okay I guess this is a stupid question but how do I ask for the Oculus store version?
WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Now though I'm increasingly of a mind that I'll be sticking with Oculus for software if there's a choice.

I have enjoyed a few Steam choices, like the first Call of the Starseed, but overall it just feels more sophisticated to manage everything through Oculus Home.

BigStoater
Explorer
@trek554

you raise a support ticket and they will want proof of purchase, just send it and they will give you a key.

BigStoater
Explorer
Ok, I tried the Oculus store version, at first I got the white screen, then I took the rift off and the main menu appeared and it then worked from then on. One thing I didn't realise is that there is no touch support which is a real shame.

Ok, I tried the Oculus store version, at first I got the white screen, then I took the rift off and the main menu appeared and it then worked from then on. One thing I didn't realise is that there is no touch support which is a real shame.

Yeah, this game has really been overshadowed by Lone Echo which is a similar concept but way more in-depth and has Touch control. So I don't really play Adr1ft much anymore... I still want it to work though having paid for it if you know what I mean!

trek554
Adventurer

@trek554

you raise a support ticket and they will want proof of purchase, just send it and they will give you a key.

yeah I did that after seeing your post but support is slow as usual. 

EDIT: did not work as support told me "You would need to contact the developer of ADR1FT about getting another key for a different platform"

well so much for that and I guess I just wasted money on a game I cant even play. 

EDIT 2: support is saying that you guys must have contacted the developers support and not Oculus support. of course I know that is not what anyone said but just to clarify in writing can someone actually flat out say that it was Oculus support that they contacted and were given a key.  
WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Oculus isn't going to give you a key for something you purchased from Steam. That's like me going to one retailer and expecting a completely different retailer sort out the fault.

I've heard that this issue relates to Steam and that you can request a key for the Oculus store for Adr1ft. I did just that and received a key today. I'll install it later today or tomorrow and let you know if it works.

Yeah, I assumed BigStoater meant that you request a key from the devs, not from Oculus. I've just requested one.

trek554
Adventurer
so how about people actually being clear and explaining what they mean? all I see here is that some people are saying they sent a request to support. NO ONE said anything about contacting the devs of the game. and if the devs of the game are what you mean then please show me a link on how to do that as I did not see anything on the game's official page. thanks