cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Rift and can't seem to find a way to easily see seated / special controllers "at a glance"

NGDGU
Sightseer
Am I missing something or do I need to go into details of each app in my library ? 

I purchased a significant number of apps to start with and it seems very tedious to learn what each app needs, it would be nice to see a listing with some of the key fields in the details visible in one place.   
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Syrellaris
Rising Star

NGDGU said:

Thanks Syrellaris, I know how to find the details, I was just looking to make the in VR experience easier for my guests to see what games require what, for example if they want a "seated" game, they may click details on 10 apps before finding a seated one. 

Hmmm.. Generally the games image gives it away I guess. I mean most shooters have a standing experience, while some also do both. Vehicle games like Elite Dangerous, the car racing one(forgot its name) are obviously seated experiences.

Strategy games / RPG games like Chronos and Dragon Forge are seated obviously.  Farlands can be played both standing and seated.

Generally I use the following rule of thumb though, if the game looks like it is a seated experience then it most likely is and if the movement method is teleportation then it generally supports both.

But other then that, I do not think there is an easier method for your guests to figure out which games are what.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Syrellaris
Rising Star
It generally tells you on the store page what controls it uses before buying.

Most VR games require Touch Controllers, some(like Elite Dangerous) also support controllers like the Xbox or ps4 ones, Hotas or mouse and keyboard.

Applications pretty much all work with Controllers, Touch Controllers or the oculus Remote.

NGDGU
Sightseer
Thanks Syrellaris, I know how to find the details, I was just looking to make the in VR experience easier for my guests to see what games require what, for example if they want a "seated" game, they may click details on 10 apps before finding a seated one. 

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Not sure if you know or maybe I missed read you.  in your library, there are some dots (3 I think) it lets you see the details from there.  After you have your favorite few that you go back to your remember.

Syrellaris
Rising Star

NGDGU said:

Hmmm.. Generally the games image gives it away I guess. I mean most shooters have a standing experience, while some also do both. Vehicle games like Elite Dangerous, the car racing one(forgot its name) are obviously seated experiences.

Strategy games / RPG games like Chronos and Dragon Forge are seated obviously.  Farlands can be played both standing and seated.

Generally I use the following rule of thumb though, if the game looks like it is a seated experience then it most likely is and if the movement method is teleportation then it generally supports both.

But other then that, I do not think there is an easier method for your guests to figure out which games are what.

NGDGU
Sightseer

DTH said:

Not sure if you know or maybe I missed read you.  in your library, there are some dots (3 I think) it lets you see the details from there.  After you have your favorite few that you go back to your remember.

Thanks DTH,  I can see the details there, I was just looking for some sort of summary screen where I can see all the games and key details.  

NGDGU
Sightseer

NGDGU said:

Thanks for clarifying it for me, perhaps they will add something like this in the future.