cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no hdmi connection to the headset, yet its pluged into my dedicated graphics card? help me please

yomustdie94
Protege
ive looked at other discussions on here and i cannot seem to get my rift's hdmi plug to be detected in the oculus program, neither a adapter for the display port or the actual hdmi port seem to work for it, and yet i can run my monitor on both. please help!
23 REPLIES 23

stefgun
Sightseer
Had a similar issue (but trouble with the headset's USB connection aswell) and returned the whole thing to the retailer for replacement. The new one works perfectly.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
It does sound like you might have shamefully gotten a defective unit in that case, I do suggest in that case to get a replacement at the store you bought it from.

yomustdie94
Protege
i will try one more thing, installing windows 10 instead of 7 because on their recommended specs it sais with a 1050 ti you have to have windows 8 or better. so ill be waiting for that disk to come in.

DreamWalkerUK
Honored Guest
I HAD SAME PROBLEM So purchased adaptor to plug HDMI into VGA PORT WORKS FINE FOR ME NOW..!!

yomustdie94
Protege
it dont work for me, im still trying to figure out this instalation disk,

yomustdie94
Protege
the installation disk didn't work, it said it was supposed to upgrade windows 7/8 to 10 but it keeps geting to 33% installed, then closes and pops up a message that sais "windows 10 install failed", so im going to probably pay the money for windows 10 pro and see if that works.

yomustdie94
Protege
and if that doesn't work im returning it and getting a new one

Smudger1954
Honored Guest
My problem is not the PC / Graphics Card end of the cable my problem has proven to be at the headset end as the cable plugs into that end it is an unsecured fitting Which if I sit patiently and gently manipulate the cable I will get a connection but on releasing my grip on the headset/cable I loose the signal and the system again registers the HDMI not connected 

yomustdie94
Protege
i will try this

Smudger1954
Honored Guest
I have returned my Oculus Rift to my shop and have a replacement It took them two weeks to get one and I get the impression this is a common fault Anyway let me know if you get a result As an EX-Mechanic extremely used to fixing Vehicle C.P.U's it's almost definitely the cause of your problem