cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

Aceship
Protege
@ApollyonVR can we also choose which cpu core would be used for OVR service ?
it could help on some cpu(in case mine is i5 6600k) on some games from freezing even from focusing the game window
and also option for high instead of above normal in server priority
 3q6dsluosbvq.png

Drail636
Honored Guest
Not sure if this is were I post. Have a question every time i start up OTT is get an error message witch says "Failed to open manifest file: Could not find part of the path 'C:\Manifests'." Same goes foe trying to add STeam VR to Oculus Home. Says" Unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click Continue the application will ignore error and attempt to to continue.If you click Quit the application will close immediately. Then i click continue and and hit "Add Steam VR" button and am prompted with Could not find missing path error message again. any help would be super appreciated. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Sorry for being afk, still recovering from the flu and trying to catch up on my regular work. I will be releasing a new version after new years hopefully, and i will answer all PM's when i get the chance.

@vannagirl @RuneSR2 Try renaming or deleting the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ApollyonVR folder, then startup OTT again and see if that solves it. This folder contains many of the user settings and resetting these might solve your issue. In the next version you will be able to reset all settings to default from the gui.

Cheers!

It worked like a charm, all my profiles are back and my settings are still intact, well at least about 90% of them. 
I just sent you €10 (from Runesr2 - I could not write any comment, I used the donation option in OTT) - so cheers from here!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

DiikDastardly
Explorer
May or may not have been answered but this thread is LONG lol.  While playing a game I will hear the app say "game started activating profile" or whatever the correct verbage.  This might happen once or multiple times during a game.  Its random which games it does this too.

OculusRifi
Honored Guest
Hello, i have just downloaded the oculus tray tool since everybody recommended it but when i try to start it i get "Oculus tray tool starting up, please wait" on lower right corner of my desktop.
i can check and uncheck settings inside the tray tool such as "minimize tools on X" or "use audio switcher" but it wont safe the settings
Also, my mouse icon changes into blue rotating ring inside the tray tool 
I have already tried run as administrator 
i also have found people with similar problem as mine in this thread but found no solution for it
is there anyway to run it properly? i have attached my ott.log, hopefully it can help
Thank you

bkrieger
Explorer
I have the Inateck USB card with the Fresno drivers, and under devices in Oculus home, there is a message saying USB drivers need to be updated. I have the latest Fesno Drivers and I’m using the tray tool. 
How do I get rid of this driver message?

MA_Goblin
Explorer

bkrieger said:

I have the Inateck USB card with the Fresno drivers, and under devices in Oculus home, there is a message saying USB drivers need to be updated. I have the latest Fesno Drivers and I’m using the tray tool. 

I don't know if it's the best way or the correct way but I uninstalled the Fresco drivers and let Windows 10 update the drivers and now all is green and everything works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MA_Goblin said:

bkrieger said:

I don't know if it's the best way or the correct way but I uninstalled the Fresco drivers and let Windows 10 update the drivers and now all is green and everything works.

I am with you there. When I updated to the Public Test Channel for Rift Core 2.0 I got that message as well, tried to install some later Fresco drivers but somehow that failed and Windows installed their Fresco drivers dated Dec 7th of this year.

My Oculus and sensors have been nothing but smooth sailing since, in fact I would say my tracking is slightly improved even over what I had previously. So I just let it be.

bkrieger
Explorer
I got it working, but only by using the Microsoft drivers and not the Fresno drivers. I read that the tray tool works best with the Fresno drivers, but those gave me error messages and disconnects. I’ll keep the Microsoft drivers since it’s working.

Thanks

GeekyGami
Adventurer
Hi, I've found a fix to a problem I've had trying to run this for a great long while.
Posting here so others see it, please make it as obvious to find as possible.

Issue: Hanging on "OTT Starting Up, Please Wait"

Alright, so to start off, the issue here is simple.

I'm on a normal account.
I don't use my admin account straight up as a security measure.

Figured out the reason that OTT hanged was because of the debugger.
It could not find the server, (which I figured out was OVRServer64.Exe)

because it was running form the normal account, and it looked for it on the admin account.

So, to fix this, I stopped the whole OVR Server service.

I went into an admin CMD, typed Services.MSC

Found Oculus Runtime, right-clicked, went to properties. Went to logon tab, set it to logon as administrator.

Started it up,
started up OVRServer64.Exe as admin, and voila,

I can now start Oculus Tray Tool properly.

Edit: You will now need to start up VR applications as admin for them to be seen by the server.
OculusClient will also think you never used it. Migrate its local files to admin account, or go through login and skipping setup like a responsible adult again.