cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here

reefy86
Adventurer
just to make it easier for us all and for the staff rather then having multiple post's

my problem is i cannot keep my sensors or headset working. they switch between each other disconnecting and then the headset turns off and then repeats everytime i load oculus up.
267 REPLIES 267

tilburgU
Honored Guest
All apps are 'not installed' > i repaired but it did not help. I cannot download any new apps, the downloadbutton does not work

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
1. I cannot play any games from within Rift Home. They are visible, and can be clicked on, though nothing happens.
2. I cannot see the Guardian boundary when pressing on the Home button via Touchpad (Right) like we used to. THis is crucial to help you get a quick bearings on where you are standing.

That's all I have found so far.

MadMax1998
Adventurer

tilburgU said:

All apps are 'not installed' > i repaired but it did not help. I cannot download any new apps, the downloadbutton does not work

Did you do something with the hard drive where the Oculus apps are installed? I had the same problem recenly after cleaning up my Oculus SSD and recreating the volume on it. Cause of the issue is that a new volume generates a new GUID for itself, and Oculus Home still searches for the old GUID when it tries to find the app library. The fix is to either totally reinstall Oculus Home or to mess around with REGEDIT and change the GUID for the library there.

Olemguy
Honored Guest

Zynamic said:

I'm missing the Desktop icon (just a blank space next to Store/Home) within Dash running 1.21.0. Opt out/in to Beta tried as well as BIOS disable iGPU.

I got the same issue, the icon just disappeared after having played some DiRT Rally Steam version. I tried restarting my PC several times, and also opting out/into the beta as you did, to no avail.

renegadeliam398
Honored Guest
No desktop option in the dash. any ideas on how to fix?

bludvlkg
Honored Guest
First time setup...worked fine with initial oculus app install before opting into beta.  After beta update installed, got a notification that guardian was not working and I could continue without dash, but then would not have guardian.  Decided to re-run guardian setup which seemed to be working and then ran full device setup just to be sure and then lost all video and sound to headset...reran full device setup again, still nothing from headset when adjust lenses comes up despite oculus device manager seeing all devices OK...only the yellow light inside the headset at any time. Rig is I7 7700/16GB Win10 with monitor connected to integrated hdmi and rift connected to Nvidia 1060 6GB with 388.71 driver installed.  Went into settings to use classic home mode and headset started working fine again.  

SliMaN_78
Honored Guest

SliMaN_78 said:

And secondly, I can't go to "Home." When I click on the "home" button, I just get the greyish "void" but the Home doesn't load. 

i have exactly the same problem. I can´t load home or store. Just the grey endless matrix. i also get the error:

your oculus account could not be verified check internet connection or restart software

internet connection isn´t the best but ok, restart software didn´t change anything too...

suggestions anyone?

ps: in classic mode everything works fine

i resolved the Problem. the LAN software was the problem. I deinstalled the Killer Suite and installed the driver only.
Now it works great. Hope this can help some of you.

PS: New Home is awesome!!

HeadlessRoland
Explorer
Had a bad crash yesterday while running BigScreenVr--bad enough to take down my system and leave it unbootable. Fixed with a recovery boot and chkdsk, but now I can't bring up the keyboard in Dash/Desktop. Tried leaving beta and re-installing, no change. Would welcome any ideas on how to further troubleshoot.

DrWags
Honored Guest
Liking the beta so far (I am pretty new to everything though) but these are the issues I am noticing:

-no keyboard as my ui scale isn't 100%
-using xbox controller in desktop mode the pointer isn't actually clicking where I am looking (ui scale I assume)
-xbox controller works fine in home but if I go to the store it doesn't work at all
-I find it awkward how the dash radial menu is usually too far down for me to actually look at it without moving the goggles separately from my head

Windows 10 pro
corei73820
GTX1070 388..59

LinkRS
Explorer
Oculus Dash Desktop is just a black window?  Everything else seems to work, but clicking on the Oculus Desktop button on the Dash interface just gives me a black window.  I am guessing this has something to do with my hardware setup.  I am running on an Alienware laptop using the Graphics Amplifier.  A similar issue happened with Virtual Desktop a few updates ago, but the author fixed it.  Where can we report this error so the Rift 2.0 folks takes note of it?