cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium crash on start [solved] !!!

Cptnjarhead
Explorer
Event log:
Faulting application name: OculusMedium.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a039de0
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.16299.98, time stamp: 0x70f70cc4
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006b70e
Faulting process id: 0x4fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36d6a0b5d2cbd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\bin\OculusMedium.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 80c0cec6-8f95-4baa-a3cf-40b8f814fc3f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have latest NVidia drivers
windows 10 home
everything else works... games quill.. just not medium.
15 REPLIES 15

Cptnjarhead
Explorer
[Deleted]

Cptnjarhead
Explorer
[Deleted]

Cptnjarhead
Explorer
[Deleted]

Cptnjarhead
Explorer
[Deleted]

Cptnjarhead
Explorer
[Deleted]

Cptnjarhead
Explorer

We have some folks that use an HTC Vive and there's a program that lets you spoof Oculus into thinking it's a Rift called ReVive and everytime we update our app it breaks Revive and we get a bunch of crash complaints 🙂 

We'll keep digging. Another helpful thing for us is if you record the time/timezone of a crash sometimes we can pull info from our online crash reporting system, but if it's not even writing things to the log it's not getting very far into the boot sequence.

so.. as it turns out.. my problem was the AMD 1100t CPU.. lack of SSE 4.x instruction I would guess. Found a mother board and cpu combo on ebay.. FX 8350 reinstalled windows and BAM!.. works like a charm. I did have to use an older version of the oculus software to make it work on the 1100t so... There was a warning about hardware not being supported. Thanks for the help. Love my Rift.. and Medium is Amazing!