cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes

• Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

DanTheManVR
Explorer

The library options are under Settings -> General -> Library Locations.

When you add a new location, please set it to default (right dots) so that it will be active for your next game download.

cybereality , do we need to re-install the beta because my General Settings look nothing like that...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ability to install games to any drive/folder?

Finally, thank you!

drash
Heroic Explorer

When you add a new location, please set it to default (right dots) so that it will be active for your next game download.

cybereality , do we need to re-install the beta because my General Settings look nothing like that...

Same here.   General tab says Oculus App Version 1.22.0.516346 (1.22.0.516639), and the General tab does not have Library Locations listed at all.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

as you'll see, not everyone is getting the "add location" button in the "general" tab and I am on the new 1.22 version...

l28way95bn59.jpg

cybereality
Grand Champion
My apologies. Looks like the new multiple libraries feature was actually not made public, even though we intended it to go into beta this morning. Rest assured, we are working on it now and should have it resolved soon and available. Thanks for your patience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

dan9700
Honored Guest
where can i change graphics options ive look on desktop and on dash etc no where says change graphics setting

goldrush76
Protege

and leave the bulk of them on the Firecuda SSHD which has been a let down in terms of load time.

Yep. I got a Samsung 256 EVO M2 drive for my Win 10 to boot and a 1TB FireCuda in my new DIY system. All I can tell you is that in the old machine which went back to Best Buy for other issues, I had no notifications about loading delays on a regular SATA drive.

With the FireCuda I frequently see the messages about taking long time to load the game.
WTF?!?!? Really? I plan to save for at LEAST a 512 to 1TB SSD sometime this year. Just now low importance after the huge investment in the new machine and other holiday expenses.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I have a FireCuda drive on a few of my machines. It's nice, but it won't be as fast as an SSD, unless in specific instances (like loading Windows or opening a web browser or very frequently used apps). The cache on them is not super larger, for example, it may be 8GB of flash memory commonly. This is not even big enough to hold a single game sometimes, so it will rely on the slower spinning disk. When you say your SATA drive was faster, I assume a SATA SSD?

HeadlessRoland
Explorer
See screenshot below; this revision partially fixed the missing keyboard issue for me--it now pops the window where the keyboard used to go, but the keyboard itself isn't there (it does show up on screen, but I could make that happen by manually launching the Windows keyboard before). Any idea how to get the keyboard back into the right place?

ol4f89d63ycp.png

cybereality
Grand Champion
We just pushed out a patch to fix the missing library options. You should get the update automatically. Thanks.