cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes

• Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the update, libraries are working and im now filling my second drive. Thanks for the quick work!

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
I don't see the 8xMSAA option in Graphics settings

dan9700
Honored Guest
how do we change setting for graphics like the notes said, im running a high rig and wanna know if its set to the best quality 

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
I got the newest version, with the library option but I see no MSAA options in graphics setting in Home

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Dash still cuts off the Friends list at 100, preventing you from viewing the full list if you have more than 100 friends. The desktop app lets you see your full list.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

forestj31166
Honored Guest
new at this, even after doing all change for beta setting >in win10 the page don t show the little gear

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
OK so I can see the multiple library options. Thanks devs for the fast update. 

I have added the new folder.

The big question is now how do I move existing games to this folder?

Or do I have to redownload them again by setting this folder as default then "installing" the game again?

Does Oculus Home have a way to scan that folder for games?

I had about 30+ hardlinked games which were already on my secondary drive. It would be preferable to not have to download them all again 🙂
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

glitchvern
Honored Guest
My playtime's are way off.  I thought maybe it was just not showing time played on my old computer, but no.  I replayed Superhot on my new computer and that is showing 0 minutes too.  Some of the newer stuff has playtimes that look right.

ewald_zietsman
Honored Guest
@cybereality Does this 8x MSAA apply only to the home environment or to games too?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I finally figured out how to install games to a different drive. Got a couple drives added , then just changed the default install drive to one of the new ones I picked, and installed a game I had previously uninstalled. It installed correctly in the new location. 

One thing I noticed is I had to first create a folder on the new drive I was choosing for it to save it, so I just created an Oculus folder on the new drive. I did this for two different drives and it works fine.
A little cumbersome - but finally we have this ability, something I have been wanting ever since getting my Rift a year ago. Just have to remember to change the default drive whenever I want to install to a different one.
Thanks for adding this Oculus!