Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

Comments

• VentofreddoVentofreddo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    That's all great ...but now the home environment has really low fps (even with graphic settings set to low) despite my gtx 1070

I'ts just me or someone else has the same problem?
  • DickDastardlyDickDastardly Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Is there really no way to move an already installed game other than to uninstall, change the default directory and reinstall? (having first trawled through folders to find any save games and backed them up as Home still doesn't mandate cloud save support).
  • MPiresMPires Posts: 105
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can this version be installed with the nvidia 388.13 drivers? If not, what are the recommended drivers? Thank you
  • goldrush76goldrush76 Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    I have a FireCuda drive on a few of my machines. It's nice, but it won't be as fast as an SSD, unless in specific instances (like loading Windows or opening a web browser or very frequently used apps). The cache on them is not super larger, for example, it may be 8GB of flash memory commonly. This is not even big enough to hold a single game sometimes, so it will rely on the slower spinning disk. When you say your SATA drive was faster, I assume a SATA SSD?
    @cybereality , No sir. I mean a typical SATA3 mechanical 7200RPM , 1TB drive! I received no loading delay messages when starting games. However, with the FireCuda, the loading delay messages are common! I thought at LEAST I would receive equal performance in most cases and in SOME cases improved (I had no specific expectations for gaming as I did my research before purchase).
  • NikorasuNikorasu Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    edited January 2018
    Does anyone else seem to be getting a worse frame rate now, after this update? Cause I'm seeing a weird ghost on my hands in Home, which is usually a sign of poor frame rate and the time/space-warp thing kicking in.. Even on low settings, and removing a bunch of items from my Home, I can't get it back to the smooth perfect frame rate it was before this update..  Even after a driver update, my Touch-hands still have that jittery ghost over them in the Home environment.. And it only happens in Home, games are fine, and even that white-space before Home loads is fine.

I've got an evga overclocked 970, and usually even medium graphics settings are fine in a lot of games, tho I generally play on low just to be safe. heh
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,519 Valuable Player
    Ok I give up, where the heck is the MSAA setting?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • dan9700dan9700 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    HOW DO we change graphics setting can’t find anything
  • YakuzaTXYakuzaTX Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I see the update as a "Pending" update, with a status of "Queued".  However, I don't see any way to gesture for the update to resume download/install.  Any ideas?  I keep getting pop-up warnings while in Home that an update did not finish installing and to contact Oculus support.
    YakuzaTX said:
    I see the update as a "Pending" update, with a status of "Queued".  However, I don't see any way to gesture for the update to resume download/install.  Any ideas?  I keep getting pop-up warnings while in Home that an update did not finish installing and to contact Oculus support.

Try restarting the Oculus service.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you are running into any sort of new performance problems, please submit a bug report so we can look into it. Just look for the Help Center in the lower-left corner of the Oculus app and click Provided Feedback. Then you can explain what apps are having problems and a brief description of the issue (and be sure to leave attach logs checked). Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • dan9700dan9700 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hello is anyone there I asked twice how do we change graphics setting I can’t see it anywhere
    Also, please feel free to upload your LogGatherer zip file here in this thread. I can take a look and escalate the issue a little faster (but do submit the bug report as well, so we have a record). You can see how to obtain logs here. Thanks. https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    Cybereality is seeing all these posts about not seeing the graphic settings but still isn't commenting. Typical
    I don't think there are any graphic settings. At least not that I can tell. Most likely that line in the notes was for game developers, but I can double check that.
    I don't know if it is related, but this morning I installed a game by changing directories with this new feature, installed to a different drive.
    After doing this, when I put the headset on, nothing came on in the HMD. Tried restarting the service, still nothing. It took a computer reboot to restore the HMD.

Hard to know if that is a bug just yet, if happens again I will submit a report. First time that had ever happened to me.
    Don

• maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu

where is this?

edited January 2018
    maxx11111 said:
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu

where is this?

Press the Menu button (the button on the left Touch controller) while you are in your Home (it won't work if you're in the store). Then look for Graphics on the left hand menu, there are a few options.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,089
    Wintermute
    Having different locations for installation is good news, thank you.

Is moving software, from one location to another, a feature that we can expect soon? It would help quite a few of the 1,000,000,000 people who have "smallish" download limits.
    Thanks.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    There should be a way to do it manually, but it may have changed slightly from the previous backup restore steps. I can check on this though, I think it's possible.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,063 Valuable Player
    edited January 2018

With regards to sharing your home to the public can I check that it is only showing your user name not your actual name. old home had an option to hide your real name. I have held off public sharing until I know its just my username.

Plus how do I see public homes, checked my friends list which is not extensive but no homes shared. Am I the only person sharing my home Oculus wide?

Any chance of sharing your home @Cybereality for me to test ?  If you can dust and clear up any dirty laundry first, it would be appreciated :)

• DTHDTH Posts: 237
    Nexus 6
    I have mine set to public for the last week.  I do not see anywhere that you can see a list of public homes that are open.As I get more stuff I add some of it So I hope that people will come back to see any changes that I made.
  • FlakMagnetFlakMagnet Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    I have a single friend who has shared his home and I was able to go have a look around, so it does work. Maybe people just aren't staring theirs?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,936 Valuable Player
    Maybe a somewhat misplaced question, but I've only just re-entered beta channel, to see if it's now performing well.
    It seems to be, so I started molesting my virtual home to experiment with the features. Now I want to return it to 100% default appearance, but I don't know how!? Help.. :smile:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,582 Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Wildt said:
    Maybe a somewhat misplaced question, but I've only just re-entered beta channel, to see if it's now performing well.
    It seems to be, so I started molesting my virtual home to experiment with the features. Now I want to return it to 100% default appearance, but I don't know how!? Help.. :smile:
    I don't think there's a way to return to the starting setup. You can Reset, but that removes all furnishings and gives you a blank slate.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,936 Valuable Player
    :cry:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • AesthetikerAesthetiker Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    here are some logs cyberreality asked for.. 

Great. Thanks for sharing your logs. Can you briefly describe which issue you're having?
  • QuentymQuentym Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited January 2018
    Downloaded, the setup said i need to update my GPU drivers. I have the most recent GPU drivers for the 390X Win 8.1. Oh well, probably only works with Windows 10. As there was no way to revert back or start the old oculus home i repaired the oculus installation. Couldn't reinstall (had to search the cause in the setup log file) because the oculus folder already existed. No shit oculus, you only did a repair. In short, a fucking waste of time.

You can leave the Beta, which will revert back to the original Home interface. While Windows 10 is recommended to use all the features, Windows 8.1 should still be supported. If something is not working, then there must be a bug somewhere. If you still have the Beta installed and are getting an error message, can you please take a screenshot of the error and also upload your log files? See this thread on how to get the LogGatherer zip file: 
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    You can also submit a bug report in the Oculus app under Help Center (lower left) and Provide Feedback. Thanks.
  • YakuzaTXYakuzaTX Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    YakuzaTX said:
    UPDATE: The issue was that I didn't have enough disk space left on my install drive to download the update.  After clearing some space and restarting Oculus, it downloaded fine.