cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes

• Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

Luciferous
Consultant

With regards to sharing your home to the public can I check that it is only showing your user name not your actual name. old home had an option to hide your real name. I have held off public sharing until I know its just my username.

Plus how do I see public homes, checked my friends list which is not extensive but no homes shared. Am I the only person sharing my home Oculus wide?

Any chance of sharing your home @Cybereality for me to test ?  If you can dust and clear up any dirty laundry first, it would be appreciated 🙂

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I have mine set to public for the last week.  I do not see anywhere that you can see a list of public homes that are open.As I get more stuff I add some of it So I hope that people will come back to see any changes that I made.

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
I have a single friend who has shared his home and I was able to go have a look around, so it does work. Maybe people just aren't staring theirs?

Wildt
Consultant
Maybe a somewhat misplaced question, but I've only just re-entered beta channel, to see if it's now performing well.
It seems to be, so I started molesting my virtual home to experiment with the features. Now I want to return it to 100% default appearance, but I don't know how!? Help.. :smile:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Wildt said:

Maybe a somewhat misplaced question, but I've only just re-entered beta channel, to see if it's now performing well.
It seems to be, so I started molesting my virtual home to experiment with the features. Now I want to return it to 100% default appearance, but I don't know how!? Help.. :smile:

I don't think there's a way to return to the starting setup. You can Reset, but that removes all furnishings and gives you a blank slate.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Wildt
Consultant
:cry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Aesthetiker
Explorer
here are some logs cyberreality asked for.. 

cybereality
Grand Champion

here are some logs cyberreality asked for.. 

Great. Thanks for sharing your logs. Can you briefly describe which issue you're having?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Quentym
Explorer
Downloaded, the setup said i need to update my GPU drivers. I have the most recent GPU drivers for the 390X Win 8.1. Oh well, probably only works with Windows 10. As there was no way to revert back or start the old oculus home i repaired the oculus installation. Couldn't reinstall (had to search the cause in the setup log file) because the oculus folder already existed. No shit oculus, you only did a repair. In short, a fucking waste of time.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can leave the Beta, which will revert back to the original Home interface. While Windows 10 is recommended to use all the features, Windows 8.1 should still be supported. If something is not working, then there must be a bug somewhere. If you still have the Beta installed and are getting an error message, can you please take a screenshot of the error and also upload your log files? See this thread on how to get the LogGatherer zip file: 
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
You can also submit a bug report in the Oculus app under Help Center (lower left) and Provide Feedback. Thanks.