cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with the Oculus Rift box.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
While cleaning up the junk closet below the staircase in my house, I came across the box that the CV1 was shipped in.
That nice sturdy, black box with rope handle etc.

Curious what ya'll did with it, did ya throw it away? keep it for later use when you need to move the Rift?
Box for the cat? Ferret home?
7 REPLIES 7

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Be good, die great !

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I kept mine and moved a month letter.  I still have it.  Love the box and I wish I did have a use for it.  Have no plains to get rid of it.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
I think I might keep mine as well. it's a rather nice sturdy box and well, if I ever have to store the CV1 for the CV2 or so, i'll have a box to do it with haha

falken76
Expert Consultant
I got the rift when it cost $600, I'm keeping that box, it's probably at least $20 of that cost  🙂

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
The rift box is the nicest packaging I've seen in a while. I've kept mine though I have no practical use for it at the moment.  If I ever wanted to pack it up to move it's good to have.  It's too nice to throw out.

tomtastico
Protege
I kept it and glad I did as I had to RMA it after more than a year (2 year warranty in Europe). I don't know if I would have been able without the box! (support asks you to take a picture of serial number sticked to the box). Or in any case, at least shipping it for RMA would have been much more of a pain!

Syrellaris
Rising Star

I kept it and glad I did as I had to RMA it after more than a year (2 year warranty in Europe). I don't know if I would have been able without the box! (support asks you to take a picture of serial number sticked to the box). Or in any case, at least shipping it for RMA would have been much more of a pain!

Good thing I kept the box then, though I threw the white wrap thats normally around it away lol.