Minecraft VR crashes if I remove my headset — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Minecraft VR crashes if I remove my headset

RavenWorksRavenWorks Posts: 65
Hiro Protagonist
I'm playing Minecraft on my Rift, and it works perfectly, until the first time I remove my headset -- or more precisely, until I put it BACK ON after removing it once. When my headset is on my desk after removing it, I can see the game still running on my monitor, and the view moves around as I pick the headset back up, but as soon as it's on my head, I only see black, and I have to take the headset off and quit the app and relaunch it. (Pressing the Oculus button makes the sound of bringing up the dash, but I still just see black.)

(Is there a more specific place to post this?)

Comments

• Jamesrees87Jamesrees87 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I Have the exact same problem as you and hope this can be resolved as soon as possible.
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 990
    Art3mis
    Came here to see if it was a known issue and there was a fix as I am having the same problem. Guess there isn't enough people posting about it to get any attention? :/
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • Cyborger1Cyborger1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having the same issue since Rift Core 2.0 was downloaded into my PC. I wonder if it's because it's running off a UWP app?
  • doomeridoomeri Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue.

Black screen after i put my headset back on

I need to close minecraft to make the rift work again.

:/ 
  • LazarusGLazarusG Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here. Anyone have an idea when this started? I hadn't played it much recently. Has anybody tried revert back to Classic Oculus Home?
  • dreaterndreatern Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Same problem here. If you remove the headset you can not play anymore. 
    The game don't crash, but when the headset is placed on your head again, the screen will be black and on the mirror window will show the Minecraft logo. If you remove the headset the mirror will show the game again running and detecting the rift movement. 

I'm using Rift Core 2.0
    VR ART Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cvuWAHu
    Chat (text and voice) all kinds of art in VR. Draw, Paint, Sculpt, Music, Animation.... Share your sculpts, stamps, references, mesh, videos, tutorials, find someone to join your sculpture session and learn together.  
  • IrabellatorIrabellator Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Wanted to chime in as well.  Same issue ever since Rift Core 2.0

...and does anyone else have an issue where Minecraft changes what item your currently using at random times?  I have 2 PC's with rifts, and both have the same issue.  Its been like that since Minecraft VR launched.
  • CBurnett1989CBurnett1989 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I found a fix for this, at least for me. I got frustrated with it enough to start trying everything.

Take your headset off, and close the oculus software while minecraft is still running. Put the headset back on, and the software will reboot shortly. Now you should be able to take it off and on without that issue. Only tested with myself, so if this works for others let me know and spread the word!
  • nilz23nilz23 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    CBurnett1989 that fixed it for me, thanks I guess for being more useful than Microsoft/Mojang and Oculus combined.