cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes

• Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

Crimson-King
Honored Guest

YakuzaTX said:

I see the update as a "Pending" update, with a status of "Queued".  However, I don't see any way to gesture for the update to resume download/install.  Any ideas?  I keep getting pop-up warnings while in Home that an update did not finish installing and to contact Oculus support.

UPDATE: The issue was that I didn't have enough disk space left on my install drive to download the update.  After clearing some space and restarting Oculus, it downloaded fine.

forestj31166
Honored Guest
after selecting beta and public and restart oculus how to I get the beta probrams ?

s4murai74
Explorer
Anybody else having a problem turning off ASW?
tried rebooting twice and now can’t disable it with the number pad

canadamaster
Honored Guest
Hello idk what happened but the dash has broken iracing whenever I try and run the sim and say put my twitch chat over it lags the whole computer and I get like 5 fps when I go back to non beta it's fine but then I can't see chat and with the 24 hours of Daytona coming Saturday I'd like to stream with my chat

Iriodus
Explorer
Multiple library locations? Finally! This is one in a list of things that I think that Oculus was really dropping the ball on and it should have been included since practically day 1. I have no desire to really beta test though, so I eagerly await when the Rift Core 2.0 update comes out of beta.

EliteSPA
Superstar
I have experience some frame drop in Lone Echo with the beta, going back to stable version fix the frame issues.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
* Must add a Mute Music in Home
* Must add a Disable HMD Sensor auto start Home - only way I can close is with kill tasks!

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
I was on 1.22 and now it's saying it is updating the software does anybody know what's going on?

Edit: says I'm on 1.22.0.519286 now. No release notes

nalex66
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

* Must add a Disable HMD Sensor auto start Home - only way I can close is with kill tasks!

In the Home menu (left Touch menu button) there is an audio slider for the music in Settings/Audio.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

MAC_MAN86 said:

In the Home menu (left Touch menu button) there is an audio slider for the music in Settings/Audio.

Yes but it is a master volume for all your PC audio meaning it lowers your game volume. Quite useless really as games do have their own volume levels and we can set our desktop volumes already. That music needs a Mute.
Sure it goes off when you focus on a game etc. but whilst I must select Rift Audio on my desktop for launching a game from there rather than within Home, it will continue playing in my Rift unless I reselect another soundcard for audio speakers afterwards due to the fact for me I can never close Home unless I Kill Tasks as the HMD Sensor is always restarting Home upon Closing (even though its not on my head and nothing is in the way of the sensor).