cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus software won't load

zegved
Honored Guest
I'm having a issue, when i press the oculus desktop icon it starts up and the oculus symbol just sits there blinking and it wont load! 
It was working before, but the apps and games did not open at all, giving a "entitlement check failded" and "failed to initialize libOVR" error, so I try to reinstall it.
I installs just fine, but when I hit next to finish the installation and then go to the login screen, the oculus symbol starts blinking and nothing happens...
Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload your LogGatherer zip file?
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zegved
Honored Guest
Ok, here is the oculus setup logs. Hope it's not the wrong files.

EDIT: What might be this install path at the botom of the log file? This directory is not from my pc!

File Path: C:\cygwin\data\sandcastle\boxes\trunk-hg-ovrsource-pc-sdk\Software\OculusSDK\PC\Support\OculusDriverInstaller\OculusDriverInstaller\Installer.cs

cybereality
Grand Champion
It looks like you might not have a lot of disk space free. First, make sure your game folder is something not in the Program Files folder. It can be something like E:/RiftGames. You will need at least 120GB free on that drive. The disk must be NTFS format, simple volume (not dynamic), and not a network or external drive. I think that's the issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zegved
Honored Guest
Just tried right now in diferent drives with lots of space, did'nt work either.

zegved
Honored Guest
Is the current oculus home setup in beta?

aao3gd8b9pln.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same exact issue for a week now, Oculus support doesn't know how to fix it, your fucked

Grayley
Honored Guest
I've had this issue for 4 months and been back and forth with Oculus Support the entire time. They've given me solutions but none have worked. They've began ignoring my ticket responses because they have no idea what to do. Solid waste of $650 :neutral:

falken76
Expert Consultant

Grayley said:

I've had this issue for 4 months and been back and forth with Oculus Support the entire time. They've given me solutions but none have worked. They've began ignoring my ticket responses because they have no idea what to do. Solid waste of $650 :neutral:

Did it just pop up out of nowhere?  It just happened to me today.  I found you can delete a folder called sessions and apparently there's a config file it's trying to read in there, whatever is happening with that config is causing a renderer to crash and the software hangs.  When you delete the folder Oculus can't read the file and has to re-create a new folder, this forces you to set everything back up again from scratch, so Height, Sensors, Guardian.  Then you're forced into that stupid demo again, but you can just hit Esc.  THEN it will load you into Oculu Home and you can use it again, but when you quit it will corrupt something again and won't release Windows back to you, instead your monitors will just be black screens.  You'll have to reboot through Task Manager.  When you want to play again, you have to do all that crap all over again because the folder is now corrupt again and will cause the same renderer crash.

I reboot the machine and after 15 minutes my primary monitor flickers like someone is messing with refresh, it is clearly Oculus doing something in the background, probably releasing something it took control of without being prompted.  This software really sucks.

Fidelcastor
Honored Guest
Me I have another style of problem (unable to download the software) several message support, and actually I have the impression that he do not know how to solve the problem.
Everything worked very well and there is a week following an update more possible to download the software.
In view of the various problems that appear, I have the impression that the Oculus software is a big shit. It's a shame because the helmet is really good. This makes me regret my HTC Vive.