cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Vector Beta gameplay - It's still possible to sign up!

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
No mention of Sprint Vector in here, this game is a ton of fun. It's one of the more polished and original VR games, and it's very well executed. Surprised to see it's not talked about here, maybe you guys aren't that interested in it, but  I can definitely recommend trying this out if you can get beta access. It's coming soon if you don't get in, but I think you're pretty likely to get it still. It's physical but don't let that deter you, it's just just about who can swing the fastest, as the devs say the key "race smarter not harder". There are different power ups like homing missiles, nitros, fields that slow opponents down or blast them away and one that lets you temporaily break the speed limit. There are a few more than those. You'll skate/sprint, jump and fly through the courses, there are shortcuts and obstacles and other stuff as well, I can't explain it all. You've seen the game anyway.

https://survios.com/sprintvector/

Some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1rC2sW2XQ
mp race but only 4 players, the rest are bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hol0oDsZlfs
solo challenge on hardcore mode (No speed limit)

9 REPLIES 9

LZoltowski
Champion
Oh wow, this looks FUN! .. Signed Up.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

Oh wow, this looks FUN! .. Signed Up.

Cool, I think you'll enjoy it. I forgot to say in my post that the beta ends the 28th and only the weekends from 5-8 pm pst 17-20 gmt will mp servers be up. There is still solo challenges and AI to race against though, but mp only weekends, and next weekend is the last. It started last Friday so it's a short beta.

CrashFu
Consultant
I signed up, got a "congratulations you have been accepted!" email not too long after telling me that to finish signing up I had to email a separate email with my oculus account name and associated email...

And they have yet to get back to me after that step. :frowning:    Starting to wonder if I'll get to check out the beta at all.

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

CrashFu said:

I signed up, got a "congratulations you have been accepted!" email not too long after telling me that to finish signing up I had to email a separate email with my oculus account name and associated email...

And they have yet to get back to me after that step. :frowning:    Starting to wonder if I'll get to check out the beta at all.

How long have you waited for that? I assume you did check your spam.

CrashFu
Consultant
I mean, I got the 'congratulations' email before the weekend multiplayer session and replied right away, but I still haven't heard back...

There WAS an email from them in my spam folder, but it was just a reminder of server times and stuff like that sent out to everyone, nothing specifically going to me.

Guess I'll try sending that email to betatest@survios.com again.  Maybe it's MY emails that are getting lost in THEIR spam folder, eh?  lol.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

LZoltowski
Champion
I think I figured it out, it appears as a free download in your STORE not library. Just search for it, it then lets you download it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

I think I figured it out, it appears as a free download in your STORE not library. Just search for it, it then lets you download it.

Yeah, I looked in my libary but couldn't find it, I searched for it as well. It does say how to find it in the verification email though, I just checked it. Are you in the Discord? There are daily challenges to win the game. Best time wins a key and the rest of the entries have a chance to win one randomly. You have to submit you're time though, so look at the link in Discord or from the email you should have gotten about the daily challenges.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

CrashFu said:

Guess I'll try sending that email to betatest@survios.com again.  Maybe it's MY emails that are getting lost in THEIR spam folder, eh?  lol.

Hopefully not. :lol:

Have you checked your preview apps to see if the beta is there despite not getting confirmation? Did you try sending an email again? It seems wierd you aren't getting it.

@CrashFu

CrashFu
Consultant
Update: After sending a second email to them they fixed me up right away.  Couldn't find the beta app listed in my library or anywhere, but like Zoltowski said when I went to the game's store page it was listed as "Free" and I was able to install it just fine.

Now I just need to find time to get in some practice before next weekend's multiplayer session!  Don't know if I have much chance of winning a free copy of the full game in these challenges and whatnot, but if I like it I'm sure I'll buy a copy;  I'm all about combat racing games, and I like the overall style I'm seeing here.