cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project: GPL to Assetto Corsa now with added Tutorial

I posted in another thread about a project I was doing to convert a Grand Prix Legends track (Rouen Les Essarts) into Assetto Corsa so that the old classic could be given a new lease of life and raced in gorgeous virtual reality.

So for anyone who's interested, I'll post updates here. It's very slow going as I'm not spending much time on it. The track surface has to be done from scratch and most of the scenery placed by hand. Anyway if anyone's interested I'll keep at it and maybe put together a tutorial, some of you guys may like to try your hands at converting another track or take over this one! I'm trying to stick with free or cheap software to do the conversion, which means Blender... so you've been warned!!

mfuacgn14ctn.jpg

Just working on the hairpin Virage du Nouveau Monde.

35 REPLIES 35

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

vannagirl said:

Go go DnD  ❤️
I feel i should post up a cheerleader but i already did this, this week

Havent used my quota yet, so guess it´s up to me then !

Yeah, wish I still had my programming skills at hand. But it have been so many years.
 However this forum might just make me read up on that as well.

So inspiring to see how people light sparks on others across this site .. Heart
Be good, die great !

vannagirl
Consultant
If anywhere can pull off a group passion project it will be this forum community
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Cheerleaders and VR Sim Racing, two of my passions right there

only one of those things though am I likely to... erm... get to the finish line with

danknugz
Superstar
this is awesome man, i had no clue you could mod tracks from scratch like this in assetto corsa! ( i have barely played this game but i have it)

i wonder if it would be possible to make a small open world town?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

danknugz said:

this is awesome man, i had no clue you could mod tracks from scratch like this in assetto corsa! ( i have barely played this game but i have it)

Yes, absolutely possible. You could even chose whether to have a timed race track in that town or just free-roam,  just by including the AC timed and hot-lap objects in the project. Now you've got me thinking how much fun it would be to re-create my home village to race around in AC!

Either that, or convert a track from that other old favourite TOCA, I seem to be getting increasingly nostalgic with games.

LZoltowski
Champion

danknugz said:

Yes, absolutely possible. You could even chose whether to have a timed race track in that town or just free-roam,  just by including the AC timed and hot-lap objects in the project. Now you've got me thinking how much fun it would be to re-create my home village to race around in AC!

Either that, or convert a track from that other old favourite TOCA, I seem to be getting increasingly nostalgic with games.

I started to dabble in GTA V mods, working on custom models to replace buildings with far more detailed and realistic textures. Ugh II wish I had time to do anything about it!

PS. Check your DM's !
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

leo1954au
Adventurer
Sweet I haven't played GP Legends in a VERY long time.

OK first pass at Rouen is done, still a little tidying up to do but it brings back some fun memories.... and it's Grand Prix Legends .....in VR!!!!!

https://youtu.be/JT_RTjwahu0

LZoltowski
Champion

OK first pass at Rouen is done, still a little tidying up to do but it brings back some fun memories.... and it's Grand Prix Legends .....in VR!!!!!

https://youtu.be/JT_RTjwahu0

Bloody brilliant mate, well done .. so nice to see passionate people doing some real great stuff.. you sir are a Maker.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Bloody brilliant mate, well done .. so nice to see passionate people doing some real great stuff.. you sir are a Maker.W

Well thank you LZ, I need to set up the racing line in Assetto Corsa before the AI cars can go racing and there doesn't seem to be a way to extract the horizon models from GPL so may have to make one up, but otherwise it's a fun excercise.