cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus touch needs to change to track pads

RosevilleReaper
Honored Guest
They need to change to track pads in stead of damn analog sticks..Pc gamer's hate analog sticks! That's the only thing that bums me out..
47 REPLIES 47

LZoltowski
Champion
It's been announced that (Santa Cruz) will have Trackpads and no analog sticks. It's not final design yet.

Image result for Redesigned touch controller santa cruz
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

They need to change to track pads in stead of damn analog sticks..Pc gamer's hate analog sticks! That's the only thing that bums me out..

please dont speak for all PC gamers.... (pet hate) you do NOT speak for me. I cant stand trackpads and have no problem at all with sticks until such a time we have full body/finger and any object intelligent tracking.

they are the main reason for me why i dislike wands and am confident i will still prefer touch over knuckles... and to me, the steampad is rubbish.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
NO!

Digikid1
Consultant

It's been announced that (Santa Cruz) will have Trackpads and no analog sticks. It's not final design yet.

Image result for Redesigned touch controller santa cruz

I hope not.  Those rings look awful in that position.  The current Touch controllers are PERFECT in every way. 
DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH PERFECTION!!!

falken76
Expert Consultant

This gamer hates trackpads.  The game I play the most would suffer from trackpads because the sticks work better.

falken76
Expert Consultant
What's with all these damn Necrothreads popping up all of a sudden?  Is there a newbie that's responding to old threads and bringing them back in the feed?

Digikid1
Consultant

falken76 said:

What's with all these damn Necrothreads popping up all of a sudden?  Is there a newbie that's responding to old threads and bringing them back in the feed?

Yeah I was noticing that as well.  It's getting quite annoying.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

You didn't mention why PC gamers hate analog sticks. Analog sticks aren't good at aiming. A track pad is more like a mouse so it's better for aiming. But in VR you aim by pointing your motion control. 

The analog stick is better for controlling a character walking and running. You can gradually increase from slow walk to fast running by moving the stick more forward. How do you do that with a track pad?

You can also turn continuously and at different speeds with an analog stick. A track pad offers very jerky swipe motion. How do you circle strafe smoothly? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Digikid1
Consultant
plus the OP does NOT speak for all gamers.....just for himself.