cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus touch needs to change to track pads

RosevilleReaper
Honored Guest
They need to change to track pads in stead of damn analog sticks..Pc gamer's hate analog sticks! That's the only thing that bums me out..
47 REPLIES 47

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
I hate track pads...

Syrellaris
Rising Star

MowTin said:

They need to change to track pads in stead of damn analog sticks..Pc gamer's hate analog sticks! That's the only thing that bums me out..

You didn't mention why PC gamers hate analog sticks. Analog sticks aren't good at aiming. A track pad is more like a mouse so it's better for aiming. But in VR you aim by pointing your motion control. 

The analog stick is better for controlling a character walking and running. You can gradually increase from slow walk to fast running by moving the stick more forward. How do you do that with a track pad?

You can also turn continuously and at different speeds with an analog stick. A track pad offers very jerky swipe motion. How do you circle strafe smoothly? 

Seriously... the original Post is from January 2016! 2 years ago!! Just let this thread die again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

You didn't mention why PC gamers hate analog sticks. Analog sticks aren't good at aiming. A track pad is more like a mouse so it's better for aiming. But in VR you aim by pointing your motion control. 

The analog stick is better for controlling a character walking and running. You can gradually increase from slow walk to fast running by moving the stick more forward. How do you do that with a track pad?

You can also turn continuously and at different speeds with an analog stick. A track pad offers very jerky swipe motion. How do you circle strafe smoothly? 

Seriously... the original Post is from January 2016! 2 years ago!! Just let this thread die again!

Amen to that!!

Digikid1
Consultant
LOL!!!  Never noticed that.

Siilk
Adventurer
Epic thread necromancy is epic

EDIT: oh, and f#ck touchpads

cybereality
Grand Champion
Is today National Necro Day? 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LZoltowski
Champion

looks like it!

mel gibson casper GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I wondered if it was some sort of conspiracy, but each thread necromance has been done by a different new user. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

LZoltowski
Champion

nalex66 said:

I wondered if it was some sort of conspiracy, but each thread necromance has been done by a different new user. 

I guess ... ..... you CAN beat a dead horse with a stick .......

csi miami GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

korgen63
Protege
They need to change to trackball in stead of damn analog sticks..Pc gamers love trackballs! That's the only thing that bums me out..  😄 😄 😄