New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Games you wish you could play in VR?

Comments

• AlexBlack1988AlexBlack1988 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I like to play Batman Arkham,MechWarrior
    VR and AR changed the gaming process. If you're interested in how to develop Augmented Reality Apps check out this article.
  • LucasWiliamsLucasWiliams Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited November 2018
    My favorite VR game is Fallout 4VR , It's really good thing . If you interested about more Augmented Reality apps  - https://invisible.toys/

• residentweevilresidentweevil Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    It wasn't me that brought this thread back to life, but while I'm here I'll add:

- Dungeon Keeper
    - Theme Hospital
    - Planet Coaster
    - Prison Architect

Being able to enjoy being in places that you create yourself is one of my biggest hopes for the future of VR
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    Halo series. Not Halo Wars....yuck

UT2004 would be awesome 
  • RavengerRavenger Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    No Man's Sky would be the killer VR app for me if it had full touch support. I spent 100's of hours exploring. I think it'd be amazing in VR.
  • wanoennogswanoennogs Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    Paddy234 said:
    For me the few games i wish i could play in VR are the Witcher 3 which would have to be completely redone due to the combat being in third person. Fallout 4 which is eventually coming this year :) and GTA 5 which is probably one i'm most hoping for. I feel the GTA worlds are the most exciting and fun and to escape into a world that is already so immersive on screen would just be pure magic. A GTA 5 VR would kill tv gaming for me :)
    I would love to see a VR version of MX vs ATV
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,130 Valuable Player
    Half Life 3. Never going to happen though :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    snowdog said:
    Well duh lol, Valve ain't ever releasing that one cuz they havent even started developing it yet... nor care to do so.
    snowdog said:
    Well duh lol, Valve ain't ever releasing that one cuz they havent even started developing it yet... nor care to do so.

Yup, but SOMEONE had to say it lol :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• KostareyKostarey Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    Perhaps you will also be interested in virtual reality. Details can be viewed at: https://jasoren.com/projects-list/
  • KostareyKostarey Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    Perhaps you will also be interested in virtual reality. Details can be viewed at: https://jasoren.com/projects-list/
  • EvileyesEvileyes Posts: 271
    Nexus 6

For me:

Star Citizen

Skyrim - any of the TES for that matter.

a D&D - 2-4 multi player co-op type game It has yet to be made, would it be fun to play, in a party and explore!

Red Dead 1 & 2

GTA 5-6

Evileyes said:

For me:

Star Citizen

a D&D - 2-4 multi player co-op type game It has yet to be made, would it be fun to play, in a party and explore!

Red Dead 1 & 2

GTA 5-6

Not sure if serious lol. Star Citizen flat will NEVER get out of Alpha let alone Star Citizen VR.

I'm still hoping that Crytek are going to take them to the cleaners with their court case, at least they'll spend that money to release a game rather than spending it on beer, drugs and whores lol

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Speaking of crytek
    Crisis vr
    I think my rig can now actually run crisis flat now. So time to up the stakes!
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    snowdog said:
    Evileyes said:

For me:

Star Citizen

Red Dead 1 & 2

GTA 5-6

Not sure if serious lol. Star Citizen flat will NEVER get out of Alpha let alone Star Citizen VR.

I'm still hoping that Crytek are going to take them to the cleaners with their court case, at least they'll spend that money to release a game rather than spending it on beer, drugs and whores lol
    A D&D game would be amazing, with a mode for dungeon masters to be able to build the dungeon/environemnt (just like Home 2.0 actually, with a simmilar interface) .. you can lay out traps, points of interests chests etc .. and then invite friends into the game ..
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,307 Volunteer Moderator
    Any snake pleskin game please.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    gta V..
    This
    A thousand times this
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    edited March 2018
    snowdog said:
    Evileyes said:

For me:

Star Citizen

Red Dead 1 & 2

GTA 5-6

Wow .. uhh no.. 

Firstly SC has been consistently making progress. Each phase of the games release so far has made leaps and bounds of features added. I mean you knew how big a game it was supposed to be from the beginning, how long did you think it was going to take? I was expecting a release in around 2020/ 2025 when I backed it in the first place .. expecting it any sooner is ludicrous.

Furthermore if Crytek won they wouldn't get any rights to SC, they would just have won a huge chunk of money from them or force them to completely scrap most of the work they have done. That is more likely KILL development completely. They wont be releasing any game then, and everyone who backed or purchased in-game transactions would just get completely fucked over.
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    I want to play PS2 titles, like the Kingdom Hearts games, Shadow of Colossus, ect.
    Witcher 3 VR would indeed be very nice, though I don't think first person mode would be required.

I've played through the entirity of Wind Waker in VR.
    Going through Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as well.

They're all in third person, and I couldn't give less of a damn that they are
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,309 Valuable Player
    Assassin's Creed would be cool. Mostly so that I can do the Leap of Faith in VR!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:
    Assassin's Creed would be cool. Mostly so that I can do the Leap of Faith in VR!

Lol, jumping in 2D games makes my stomach turn .. in VR? It makes me fall over.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    I don’t think many people would be sble to handle that too well. I know I wouldn’t be able to with my fear of heights. I almost went nuts with that one mission in SuperHot where you had to jump off a building. 

I think that Duke Nukem Forever would make an “interesting” vr game. LOL
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,309 Valuable Player
    edited March 2018
    Digikid1 said:
    I don’t think many people would be sble to handle that too well. I know I wouldn’t be able to with my fear of heights. I almost went nuts with that one mission in SuperHot where you had to jump off a building. 

I think that Duke Nukem Forever would make an “interesting” vr game. LOL

I actually do have a pretty intense heights phobia IRL. It took me over 6 months to be able to play Eve Valkyrie lol

But after nearly 2 solid years of regular VR use, my mind has become quite acclimated. I can stand atop some very high places in VR without much of an issue. I still have my phobia IRL, but it has improved (e.g. I can climb a 15 foot ladder without freaking out now).
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    I would love to see the new Sea of Thieves  and Fortnite games in VR!
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,282 Valuable Player
    edited March 2018
    There are mods/apps for it, but for me - Far Cry 3, STALKER(s) , ArmA 2 & 3, Ghost Recon - original, but maybe also GRAW, all Unreal Tournaments, Armored Fist 2, MechWarrior 2, Empyrion and 7 Days To Die - which is supposed to be getting it anyway, but which century, no-one knows.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 1,630
    Project 2501
    I would love to play uncharted series in vr. I would sell my soul to do that. I also own Playstation vr.
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    Wing Commander Series

• dan108dan108 Posts: 159
    Art3mis
    fortinite cross platform. in first persone VR.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,237
    Wintermute
    edited March 2018
    Prey, GTA V, Far Cry 4 and Wolfenstein 2

Mechwarrior 5

Would like to see a proper motion control support for Subnautica.