cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you pessimist about 2018 like me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
the only game i am looking forward is Marvel Powers united and i cant see any upcoming AAA exclusive announcements from Oculus like we had in 2017 !! 
20 REPLIES 20

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Echo Combat?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Year has just started and it's looking pretty good from my perspective. This was just released into open beta today:

https://youtu.be/ZzVW9315ur0

cybereality
Grand Champion
That looks pretty nice, though I'm not much of a flight sim fan myself.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Richooal
Consultant
I'm optimistic actually. Lots of new hardware is entering the market, competition is stepping up, prices are dropping, headset sales are increasing.

For me it's not about having a new game every couple of weeks, it's about incremental improvement (and sometimes big step improvement) in the hardware and software.

I started late with computers but saw the growth from Commander Keen to Wolfenstein 3D to Doom to Quake then even more Doom.

Now I think I'm about to witness the same sort of growth in VR. Good stuff is coming, I hope my wallet can keep up. 🙂
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think the real question should be is what's in development? Good games take a while to develop and I would worry if nothing is in development right now. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
For me,

This month has been all about From Other Suns.

Next month will be Orbus and In Death.

And 2018 is the year I finally get to publish some VR "business apps." With Oculus Go and Santa Cruz coming out this year as well, business applicability for VR is finally sensibly feasible. So yeah, I'm extremely optimistic when it comes to VR in 2018.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I found this website which shows all best games coming soon:

https://www.vrgamerankings.com/top-20-most-wanted-oculus-rift

I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 7, Seeking Dawn, Megatron Rainfall, Transference and Skyrim.

Oh and don't forget Sairento VR coming in February to Oculus store (already available on steam).

UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
I'm feeling optimistic for 2018.

DarkTenka
Trustee
Vox Machinae
and
Mechwarrior 5

Seated/Pilot VR games .. much harder to fuck up.