cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you pessimist about 2018 like me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
the only game i am looking forward is Marvel Powers united and i cant see any upcoming AAA exclusive announcements from Oculus like we had in 2017 !! 
20 REPLIES 20

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Tex Murphy: Poisoned Pawn is going to be my jam when it arrives in 2018.

cybernettr
Superstar
I've bought so many games in the last couple of sales that finding time to do justice to all of them is my real challenge, not worrying about when the next big blockbuster is coming out. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

KillCard said:

Vox Machinae
and
Mechwarrior 5

Seated/Pilot VR games .. much harder to fuck up.

How Mechwarrior hasn't been release yet for PC I don't know. In a Multiplayer PVP this would be my goto game. I wouldn't want a flying Mech though because they are shite..

Boneboys
Protege
No.
Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.

DarkTenka
Trustee

RedRizla said:

KillCard said:

Vox Machinae
and
Mechwarrior 5

Seated/Pilot VR games .. much harder to fuck up.

How Mechwarrior hasn't been release yet for PC I don't know. In a Multiplayer PVP this would be my goto game. I wouldn't want a flying Mech though because they are shite..

They are working on Mechwarrior 5 and its supposed to be released sometime this year. I dont know if it has been officially stated that it supports VR, but earlier on a Dev was asked if it supported VR and his response was "built from the ground up".

danknugz
Superstar

Tex Murphy: Poisoned Pawn is going to be my jam when it arrives in 2018.

I also am looking forward to this.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

zboson
Superstar
I'm optimistic about Oculus and VR for 2018. Oculus is on a hiring spree. That's about as good a sign as it gets. My guess is that Oculus is investing in other VR topics than entertainment. Personally the sooner this happens the better. We are finally starting to see some serious VR applications in non-entertainment fields such as industrial training, first responders, real estate and architecture to name a few. It took some time but it looks like it's finally happening. I hope Oculus has more plans than social media though.

I guess if all you care about it games than 2018 might be a bit of a disappointment but I expect even for games it will be interesting.
https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-hiring-spree-suggests-facebook-is-accelerating-vr-ar-plans/

https://youtu.be/RueT9FhiCtg

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Im honestly more afraid about 2019-2020.
 Whatever games and applications are being developed now, most of them will see the day of light.
 However, if the current cryptomining doesn´t come to a hold, or gpu industry doesn´t catch up with the current demand, the increase in price of an overall system will bring everything to a hold for further development in new games for the average user next year im afraid.

Be good, die great !

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Cryptocurrencies will crash when China floods the market with the product of their huge state-run mining farms. Then people will realize that they’ve been pouring real money into electronics to generate pretend money with no inherent value, and there will be a glut of second hand GPUs available. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Mining comes and goes in popularity. The current GPU price spike is just that, a spike. GPU crypto mining was fairly popular all last year and yet getting a GPU wasn't an issue (unless that GPU was an RX Vega) until late December. Crypto prices are half what they were then and have been dropping fast and hard the past few days. Also, newegg and amazon have cards in stock again (actual newegg and amazon, not 3rd parties selling through them). Prices are still inflated, but that won't last. At current prices, it would take 2.7 years to pay off at GTX 1080 TI. I can't see too many miners lining up to buy them given that. 😉