cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.23 Rolling Out

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've started rolling out Rift SI release 1.23 to all Rift owners. Core 2.0 remains opt-in, and today's major Oculus Home updates bring the ability to create multiple homes, new surroundings, and new accessories for decorating and customization. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes:

Store:

• You can now add apps and games to your wishlist when browsing the store in VR. This feature was previously only available in the Oculus app on desktop.

Rift Core 2.0 Beta:

• We added the ability to create and customize multiple homes. You can choose your default home by grabbing its preview sphere and tapping its properties. Privacy settings for each home can be accessed via the Oculus desktop app.
  • Introduced assorted bug fixes and stability improvements.

Graphics:

• Fixed an issue impacting AMD driver version check regression.
  • Added assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
45 REPLIES 45

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
So this is the exact same thing for people that were already on the PTC v1.23 right? I see no different notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, the release gets tested in the PTC before going live. So if you're already in the PTC, this will be basically the same as what you already have and you don't have to do anything. However, people in the standard release channel will get access to these features as the update rolls out. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
In the description is says "New Surroundings" where is that? I just see the standard 3 that we always had

cybereality
Grand Champion
Some of the new content will roll out over the next few days so please hang tight.

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
Can we please get a way to manually add games via a browse for .exe? I have several SteamVR games that refuse to add to the Oculus library regardless if I launch them from Steam first since they are suppose to be added once you run the game the first time

LZoltowski
Champion

Some of the new content will roll out over the next few days so please hang tight.

OMG, BEST .. NEWS .. EVER ... woohooo!!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Sorry. If this is a stupid question. Is it possible to share home layouts?
I don't mean as a multiplayer thing (tho that could be cool) but I mean like say you had a cool layout that you made  you may want to upload it and let others snag it too?.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

Sorry. If this is a stupid question. Is it possible to share home layouts?
I don't mean as a multiplayer thing (tho that could be cool) but I mean like say you had a cool layout that you made  you may want to upload it and let others snag it too?.

Sharing no, although a pretty cool feature .. it would mean that you would have to have the same assets, which are at the moment earned while playing.

If you mean "sharing" by other people being able to visit your home .. yes that's there. You can share your home with friends, they can visit your home, play with interactive objects but cant mess things up.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Oooh, I noticed a new type of notification .. "For Spending time in Home etc etc ..this week" .. looks like this might be a weekly reward for spending time in home? If so that's amazeballs, I am currently designing my second home .. first one was a Space Sation/Museum this one will be Medival Merlins Lab .. wish there were more wooden textures .. but Ill work with what I have 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂