cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.23 Rolling Out

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've started rolling out Rift SI release 1.23 to all Rift owners. Core 2.0 remains opt-in, and today's major Oculus Home updates bring the ability to create multiple homes, new surroundings, and new accessories for decorating and customization. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes:

Store:

• You can now add apps and games to your wishlist when browsing the store in VR. This feature was previously only available in the Oculus app on desktop.

Rift Core 2.0 Beta:

• We added the ability to create and customize multiple homes. You can choose your default home by grabbing its preview sphere and tapping its properties. Privacy settings for each home can be accessed via the Oculus desktop app.
  • Introduced assorted bug fixes and stability improvements.

Graphics:

• Fixed an issue impacting AMD driver version check regression.
  • Added assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
45 REPLIES 45

TemplarGFX
Honored Guest
Why aren't updates optional.  This update has completely bricked my Oculus

When I put the headset on after starting oculus, I see a message about the guardian system not working.  the HMD goes black and then that's it. nothing absolute brick.

Restarting Oculus repeats the process.  I was playing for HOURS last night before the update and nothing has changed at all other than the oculus update.

How do I go back to the working version?

cybereality
Grand Champion
The update should be working, but there can be software conflicts. Are you running an Nvidia graphics card? If so, you'll need to make sure you are using Nvidia driver 388.59. Newer drivers may not work fully or at all.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TemplarGFX
Honored Guest
You have to be joking right?  You pushed out an update that doesn't work with the latest Nvidia drivers, when the last update was working with them?

I am currently on drive 390.65 and Geforce Experience has already downloaded 390.7 for my next reboot.  Where was the warning when Oculus asked me to update the software? Where was the option to not install it?

Please tell me your joking

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're still investigating the situation and it may take some time to pinpoint the problem. For the time being, it's best to revert to the 388.59 driver while we figure it out. Thanks.

TemplarGFX
Honored Guest
Is there no way to prevent Oculus from updating?   Whats the IP address of the server it connects to to find updates? Ill 127.0.0.1 it in my host file so the damn thing can't update itself

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Finally recieved this update. And entered the Core 2.0 beta.
 First run I got an error saying "the guardian system isn´t working correctly".
 And I was left in a white room where home should have loaded. Restartet the oculus app and I still get the above error, but the guardian system IS working as it should. Reset the sensor and guardian setup, still get the error. But when I enter home or store, everything is still working as supposed to. So no problems at all.
Everything else seem to be working fine no stuttering at all so far but smooth and slick movement.
 I got two monitors on my system, and haven´t had any issues there neither.
 Running with the 388.71 on an asus strix 1080.

And can I say. Bravo Oculus, this update is looking awesome jawdropping!
 Now it´s time to make my first home!
Be good, die great !

cigaremoods
Heroic Explorer

Hi. Rift Core 2.0 is a feature included with the Oculus app 1.23. You can choose to enable or disable Rift Core 2.0, I would recommend enabling it, as it's pretty cool.

Bonsoir,

Je vous trouve très optimiste par rapport à la lecture des griefs des intervenants!
Je ne pense pas que le "home" actuel soit très abouti mais il a le mérite de fonctionner...sans se planter.
J'ai conscience qu'un nouveau programme à toujours des problèmes t'en qu'il n'a pas été testé en réel avec de multiples utilisateurs pour envisager tous les cas.
Mais venant d'un grand groupe international comme le votre je trouve que vous faites preuve d'un amateurisme déconcertant   😘  face à l'élaboration d'un logiciel qui doit "arroser" le monde entier!

Comme disent les Anglais je serais plutôt dans l'esprit "Wait and see".
Bonne lecture
Cigaremoods

MSI Z790 ACE, MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, I7 14700K, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32 go, 2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 2 To

thekjun1
Sightseer
appreciate the update but come on Oculus for as long as the company has been working in the field of VR would love to see so much more from the Home, look at the home the avatar Editor has. that's what people want, not just one room but a whole house. look at what Windows Mixed Reality did for their home that's what I was expecting to see but much better. I have been a fan of Oculus for a very long time but I am seeing a lot of other VR headsets with more than Oculus has to offer, for the first time ever I am actually considering buying another brand of Headsets

YoLolo69
Trustee

Hi. Rift Core 2.0 is a feature included with the Oculus app 1.23. You can choose to enable or disable Rift Core 2.0, I would recommend enabling it, as it's pretty cool.

Bonsoir,

Je vous trouve très optimiste par rapport à la lecture des griefs des intervenants!
Je ne pense pas que le "home" actuel soit très abouti mais il a le mérite de fonctionner...sans se planter.
J'ai conscience qu'un nouveau programme à toujours des problèmes t'en qu'il n'a pas été testé en réel avec de multiples utilisateurs pour envisager tous les cas.
Mais venant d'un grand groupe international comme le votre je trouve que vous faites preuve d'un amateurisme déconcertant   😘  face à l'élaboration d'un logiciel qui doit "arroser" le monde entier!

Comme disent les Anglais je serais plutôt dans l'esprit "Wait and see".
Bonne lecture
Cigaremoods

English:
Rift Core 2.0 is proposed as Beta for motivated person agreeing to test its great features. The more people will test it, the more stable it will be. I really don't see what you mean by writing "amateurisme" (in French) in your post above. Is it because they allow us to test before release?!?! I read you again but your post sound shifted from reality, and that's come from another native french speaker (me). At least, elaborate a little, and preferably in English (by respect for all readers). Do you realize people who wanted to know what you said and don't understand french should have been forced to translate this through a program? That's not really fair in my opinion. If you can't read and write english, I suggest to post on the French part of this forum (https://forums.oculusvr.com/fr).

French:
Je n'approuve pas votre prose ni dans le fond ni dans la forme, mais n'aimant pas les conflits, je finis par un smiley 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

cigaremoods
Heroic Explorer
Bonjour, Hello

I agree that my text was a bit provocative. I deeply regret having shocked you.
I must put my text in French in the zone reserved for French = ok.
But then why does the Oculus staff not post a small explanatory text in the language of each community as well for courtesy and respect for its international users? Because we have not all had the luck or intelligence to learn a foreign language.
Because we also have to go through a robot translator to understand the new features and bugs on this new software.
Good reading

Je conviens que mon texte était un peu provocateur. Je regrette vivement de vous avoir choqué.
Je dois mettre mon texte en français dans la zone réservée aux français = ok.
Mais alors pourquoi le staff d'Oculus ne poste pas un petit texte explicatif dans la langue de chaque communauté aussi par courtoisie et respect pour ses utilisateurs internationaux? Car nous n'avons pas tous eu la chance ou assez d'intelligence pour apprendre une langue étrangère.
Car nous aussi nous devons passer par un traducteur robot pour appréhender les nouveautés et les bugs présents sur ce nouveau logiciel.
Bonne lecture
MSI Z790 ACE, MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, I7 14700K, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32 go, 2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 2 To