cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App Font size / Zoom

hopez
Sightseer
Hi, recently my Oculus App starts zoomed out, with a very small font size, the only way I've found to restore the default size is changing the region formatting but when I close and reopen the app is zoomed out again...

Anyone knows how can I solve this?

TY
15 REPLIES 15

Pandabee
Honored Guest
Push, I have the exact same problem, has anyone found a solution?
Everything is really scaled down.

My Windows 10 resolution is untouched, still 1920x1080 at 100% no changes made there.

Screenshot for clarification:
ovq4m5xqi7qt.jpg

Pandabee
Honored Guest
I have the exact same problem, anyone found a solution to this?

Weiss_
Honored Guest
I've been struck with the same issue. This is rather annoying and is even worse on a 1440p monitor.

Pandabee
Honored Guest
Well I will push the thread again, guys, let's talk, is there anyone comming up with a solution.

Lalle75
Protege
Same problem here. It happened when I started a game on Steam, that should support VR, but didn't. The desktop resolution changed to 1024x768, and when I manually resetted it, the font size remained very, very small.
I played with the resolution settings, but it didn't work.

Lalle75
Protege
Ok, found a solution!!! 🙂
I couldn't install the latest update due to lack of harddisk space. I had to wipe some data on C: (very bad you couldn't install the client on other drives), but the installation failed several times anyway.
But after I deleted the Oculus folders in AppData\Local, AppData\LocalLow and AppData\Roaming, the installation continued without problems. And when I started the software, the font size was ok.
I would recommend, to delete the folders I mentioned above. Maybe this is enough, and you must not reinstall the whole client.

Lalle75
Protege
Another issue I could resolve: A Windows 10 update killed my whole Oculus installation. It wasn't possible to reinstall. Finally I learned two things:
1. You really need the C++ runtimes 2015 x86 and x64 (vc_redist_2015)! But if you have a newer version (like 2017), you cannot install the older one. Oculus exits the installation with an error. So you have to deinstall the 2017 version first, then install 2015.
2. The setup couldn't access the library DaybreakNative.dll in Local\Temp due to folder restrictions. I had to reset the security settings.

Then my installation continued without errors.

Rick731
Honored Guest

Lalle75 said:

But after I deleted the Oculus folders in AppData\Local, AppData\LocalLow and AppData\Roaming, the installation continued without problems. And when I started the software, the font size was ok.
I would recommend, to delete the folders I mentioned above. Maybe this is enough, and you must not reinstall the whole client.

Thanks for this suggestion!
I had the same problem with small fonts and just deleted the OculusClient folder in AppData/Roaming. After a restart from the Oculus App all fonts were at normal size.

The_Zohan
Honored Guest

Rick731 said:

Lalle75 said:

Thanks for this suggestion!
I had the same problem with small fonts and just deleted the OculusClient folder in AppData/Roaming. After a restart from the Oculus App all fonts were at normal size.

Great! I managed to solve the same problem by just deleting the "preferences" file inside the OculusClient folder.