cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.23 Rolling Out

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've started rolling out Rift SI release 1.23 to all Rift owners. Core 2.0 remains opt-in, and today's major Oculus Home updates bring the ability to create multiple homes, new surroundings, and new accessories for decorating and customization. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes:

Store:

• You can now add apps and games to your wishlist when browsing the store in VR. This feature was previously only available in the Oculus app on desktop.

Rift Core 2.0 Beta:

• We added the ability to create and customize multiple homes. You can choose your default home by grabbing its preview sphere and tapping its properties. Privacy settings for each home can be accessed via the Oculus desktop app.
  • Introduced assorted bug fixes and stability improvements.

Graphics:

• Fixed an issue impacting AMD driver version check regression.
  • Added assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
45 REPLIES 45

YoLolo69
Trustee
Ok, I understand, but better one person who have to use Google Translator than the whole english spoken community we have on this thread 😉 Fair enough, see you on French side or through translator 🙂

To stay on topic : No more Rift Core 2.0 for me (I was opt in to Beta program and Core 2.0), Dash don't want to work on my configuration those last days. After an Oculus update 3 days ago I had a "Critical Error, contact support" or something like that, and in parallel, few frames in the headset with random orientation before going full black. I tested all the usual suspects no success (you know me, I'm around for a while). I ended by using for the very first time the Repair setup option which, surprisingly, repaired just fine by going on the "old" Home and no beta anymore. All seems to work fine but even if they work fine thanks to the laser pointer, I can't see my hands at all in Home (does it was like that? don't think). Anyway, I was able to use successfully my Rift with games and apps (and hand in them), and stop swearing as I'm pretty sure I'm not on warranty, bought July 2016, and no money, so "VR Full Stop" for me if I get stuck due to hardware error.

Anyway as I missed my new Home I tried again today to select Rift Core 2.0 (not the beta PTC) and after restart I landed directly in my new Home, but without the possibility to make appear the Dash bar, the button does nothing (but work fine in old Home so not a hardware problem). I was able to use the left Watch, Teleport, mess with my stuffs, but no Dash bar displayed or invisibility managed, it wasn't there at all. After restarting Home thanks to the Restart in parameters, I had again few random orientation frames, black screen and the notification saying something wrong happened, critical error, please start swearing again and contact support (from memory). I goes back to classic home and all worked fine again. An ILL-2 mission cool down me fine.

So something after this small update 3 days ago broke compatibility of Rift Core 2.0 and Dash with my system. As I was on PTC I was already on 1.23 beta, but possibly a last update for the 1.23 release was the killer. I hope I'm clear, let me add my log below. I'm not sure I'll jump soon again in Rift core 2.0, I need to rehydrate first 😉

edit : Ok, it seems I can't attach my log zip file, probably my shitty connection, pffiiuuu

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I just honestly would prefer a way to launch Steam games with options without having to edit json files and as far core 2 goes it hogs a lot of resources.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

KlodsBrik said:

Finally recieved this update. And entered the Core 2.0 beta.
 First run I got an error saying "the guardian system isn´t working correctly".
 And I was left in a white room where home should have loaded. Restartet the oculus app and I still get the above error, but the guardian system IS working as it should. Reset the sensor and guardian setup, still get the error. But when I enter home or store, everything is still working as supposed to. So no problems at all.
Everything else seem to be working fine no stuttering at all so far but smooth and slick movement.
 I got two monitors on my system, and haven´t had any issues there neither.
 Running with the 388.71 on an asus strix 1080.

And can I say. Bravo Oculus, this update is looking awesome jawdropping!
 Now it´s time to make my first home!

@KlodsBrik - did you find out what was going on with the "the guardian system isn´t working correctly" message?  Do you still see this notification?

This just popped up for me last night.  No idea what's going on.  Guardian works perfectly.  I tried re-doing the guardian boundary and I still can't get rid of the notification (it won't let me clear it).

Anyway, everything works fine so I guess I'll just ignore it.

elboffor
Consultant
I got the same earlier when i logged in.  Very bizzare indeed 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
@Rob_In_Phoenix, nope I still got it as well ... I just ignore it since everything is working fine.
Be good, die great !

BainPlaysGames
Honored Guest
I seem to be having an issue downloading and installing apps from the oculus app. The new update (1.23.1) is stuck at 2% on download, and other updates cant seem to go through either. I'm not sure if i was removed from the Core 2.0, i received an email two days ago asking why i had left, though i hadn't played any VR in about a week. My last successful update was 13 days ago when the last software update (and echo arena) installed just fine. 

BainPlaysGames
Honored Guest

I seem to be having an issue downloading and installing apps from the oculus app. The new update (1.23.1) is stuck at 2% on download, and other updates cant seem to go through either. I'm not sure if i was removed from the Core 2.0, i received an email two days ago asking why i had left, though i hadn't played any VR in about a week. My last successful update was 13 days ago when the last software update (and echo arena) installed just fine. 

After using the Oculus software to repair, I'm able to download and install other apps, but i no longer see the 1.23.1 update?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no Music Player built-in. WTF???

DTH
Heroic Explorer
It takes a lot longer to load than other ver. Is this normal?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, it does take a moment to load.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV