cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung gear VR not updating or keeps telling me to update but I already updated

natzVR
Honored Guest
Hi...I did not use my gear vr for 3 months now....Well I used it once last month..it required an update before I can use it...Then I just updated it without problems...and now it requires to update again..then I updated it..but still after plugging the phone in the gear...it still says..need to update oculus app.I already re plug unplugged my phone in the gear...it still says to need an update..I can open the app and browse the library and all...but can't use the gear vr itself...

Thanks you..if someone answers.
21 REPLIES 21

ckriner
Honored Guest
Great.. I have the same problem but at least you can use your phone.  Once I connect to the device, it locks my phone and I have a black screen and small x and can't do anything with it.  I can't even shut it off to restart it.  I have to wait for the battery to die so I can recharge it to be able to use my phone again.  If this can't be fixed then I will be "selling" this useless thing on ebay very cheap.... that is if anyone would want it.

vrlab_ethz
Honored Guest