cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

neue
Explorer
Nice work Isabella, make sure your headset is positioned correctly (vertically and the horizontal slider) I've heard that can cause headaches. I usually look at the Dash menu text when putting it on to figure out the best position.

hughJ
Protege
For eyestrain-related headaches:  be mindful of how much time you're spending staring at your sculpt very close up, because you're going to find your eyes are fighting to focus on the sculpt in a way that's very unnatural to how they normally focus on nearby objects.  If I can, I try to scale objects up and interact with them from slightly further away rather than bringing them nearer my face.  This is an aspect of VR that you're probably not going to want to 'get used to', but rather do your best to minimize the amount and degree you expose yourself to it.

When it comes to nausea in Medium:  having stable reference points that are visible while you're moving your sculpt around should be more comfortable.  Having the floor enabled, and/or having things like reference photographs posted nearby will help keep the world feeling more stable.

Ancraw
Honored Guest
Here's my first Medium sculpt. Working name was Bringer and it just stuck. I'll leave what he brings up to the viewer 😉
Also got a buddy to 3d print it. Not too shabby.
zpdhw9syic9t.jpg
caweinnzx287.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@Ancraw Nice start - welcome to the party! 

CassFiveNiner
Honored Guest
Alrighty. This is still a work in progress but it is far enough along to show. First. I'm not a sculptor. I'm a illustrator by trade though I have dabbled in 3D via Lightwave over 10 years ago. I was thinking of getting back into 3D and was considering Zbrush. Then I stumbled upon Oculus Medium and I was blown away at how intuitive it is. I decided to do a sculpt of a character I did in Lightwave and see how far I could take it. Here it is so far. As I said, there is still a bit more to do with it.le40babzlrhi.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=VNtQpUHBSBI

Sivve
Explorer
Butterfly.. in Swedish - Fjäril, French - Papillon, Italian - Farfalla, in Spanish - Mariposa.. All suiting names for a beautiful thing. In German: SCHMETTERLING! which sounds more like a fighter plane .. therefore:
0k8wr4hnoe85.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Love it!

Sivve
Explorer
Here is my take on a Cthulu Aristocrat083edtdmubkd.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
A Dwarven Head... in 30 Mins

I honestly wouldn't be doing any 3D modeling without Medium. That just tells me how good the program is, and how much VR can help an artist. Because if the controls make it difficult to create, then I'm out.6mj77ad3cxb7.png

eithman
Protege
nah37p10zr45.png
I'm pretty sure this was the first thing besides a bunch of squiggles and blobs that I made, it's a rendition of a notebook doodle of mine