cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen on Rift? Be Sure to Use Nvidia Driver 388.59

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are currently investigating an issue affecting Nvidia card users on newer driver versions and the latest Oculus app. If you have an Nvidia GPU, please be sure to install Nvidia driver 388.59 or you may experience black screens or other compatibility issue. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
117 REPLIES 117

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you still experiencing the issue, please upload your LogGatherer log file. See here for how to get it.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Magzire
Protege

Would this include a sort of 'time out'? Been having issues where if I step away for ~5-10 minutes then the headset video cuts out, but audio works fine. No issues while I'm playing, it's just if I take it off for a few minutes to take a break and go back. Always have to reset my PC to get the Rift working again.

Exact same for me. I didn't update Nvidia drivers.
Could a windows update cause this? 

Inno1067
Honored Guest

Would this include a sort of 'time out'? Been having issues where if I step away for ~5-10 minutes then the headset video cuts out, but audio works fine. No issues while I'm playing, it's just if I take it off for a few minutes to take a break and go back. Always have to reset my PC to get the Rift working again.

I do have the same issues as you reported, downgrading to 388.59 solve that issue for me.

Inno1067
Honored Guest

Magzire said:
Exact same for me. I didn't update Nvidia drivers.
Could a windows update cause this? 

Fo to  Nvidia GeForce Experience into tab Drivers, scroll down to your installed triver and use the menu (3 little quares) to re-install the existing driver. Without a reboot this could solve your issue, at least it worked for me (Driver ver 388.59)

Magzire
Protege
Oh i actually had 388.71, 388.59 working now

Fierblaed
Honored Guest

I have been working on
this all day, and the problem still has not been fixed. I have installed the
388.59 driver numerous times. I have done a fresh install of all Nvidia
software. I have also turned of Beta in the Oculus app. Lastly, I have run the Oculus logging tool and I will upload the zip file. If anyone could help I
would greatly appreciate it!

cybereality
Grand Champion
It looks like you have to free up some space on your system. You'll need 120GB or more free on your game drive. It also looks like you may be running an integrated graphics card somewhere. Do you have something connected to the motherboard HDMI port? Please be sure that Rift and all monitors/TVs are connected to the primary dedicated graphics card. Nothing can be connected to secondary cards or the motherboard video port.

Fierblaed
Honored Guest

It looks like you have to free up some space on your system. You'll need 120GB or more free on your game drive. It also looks like you may be running an integrated graphics card somewhere. Do you have something connected to the motherboard HDMI port? Please be sure that Rift and all monitors/TVs are connected to the primary dedicated graphics card. Nothing can be connected to secondary cards or the motherboard video port.

I have two SSD's in my computer the default drive has 306 GB free storage. I do not have anything plugged into my motherboard display ports. My Display and oculus are both plugged into the graphics card

gregorius_sarle
Honored Guest
hello, i am new here. i bought the rift especialy to fly fsx x-plain 11 prep3d etc. to do this you need flyinside as third party, i only got one session of 15 min (the try out time for flyinside ). afther that i get an error stating ovr 75318303 . what does that mean, is this an rift or an flyinside issue??

Anonymous
Not applicable
How will you solve the problem that the screen won't turn on, and the indicator light stays orange? Shall we wait for the next Nvidia driver or will you fix Oclus Home.