cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 4 VR Beta 1.1.24.0 Patch Impressions

DNACowboy
Adventurer

Well, I've spent some serious time with Fallout 4 VR since the latest patch and can honestly say without doubt this game is by far the best VR experience I have ever had, bar none. In fact, the experience is so good that I keep looking around for my faithful German Shepherd 'Dogmeat' when I exit the game!

Moving on, the external navigation hud on power armour now works flawlessly, bringing to the player a whole new sense of in-game interactivity rarely experienced.
Due to a slightly rushed release, one of the major complaints from Fallout fans was the missing scope functionality. Good news, Bethseda have really done themselves proud and implemented the scope functionality perfectly and yes, they do all work amazingly well. The scopes I have tried are recon which work as they should and night vision, the reticles of which are absolutely first class, giving the player an unequalled shooting experience. 'Huh? how come you claim to know that generic gamer?' I hear you ask. Well, I shoot tactical (5.56mm and 7.62) and F-class (.338) in the real on a regular basis. Obviously because Fallout 4 VR is a game first and foremost, windage and elevation are all pretty much discounted but hey, that's okay as the experience is really fun. 

In closing, I cannot wait to check out how my power armour helmet sensor mods will look visually either once I have unlocked Gun Nut 4 and Science 3 which brings me to a question: I built the 'red tactical lamp' for my power armour helmet; unfortunately, my lamp remains the same yet my companion's works perfectly. So, my question is this, has anyone (probably our F4VR expert Nalex66) else got their red tactical helmet mod to work on their own power armour?
Who is John Galt?
37 REPLIES 37

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Fallout4VRCustom.ini is no longer used by the game as of the latest update. Use Fallout4Custom.ini for any tweaks you want to make. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

inovator
Consultant
I would love to play fallout 4 vr but I'm terrible at using the tools necessary to tweek  things on a game not optimized for the rift. My loss.

vannagirl
Consultant

inovator said:

I would love to play fallout 4 vr but I'm terrible at using the tools necessary to tweek  things on a game not optimized for the rift. My loss.

I know as you mean it took me days and i am sometimes unsure if i managed it correctly, especially this graphical tweaks. However it is do able, i mean i managed it and i am not exactly super techy

If you can pick it up at a price you like, i say go for this and everyone here i am sure will help
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

It's 30% off on Steam until tomorrow, the first time it's been on sale so not a bad time to pick it up.

(I bought it 2 day before the sale but that's just typical)

Luciferous
Consultant
I picked it up, could not resist and damn I am glad I did. I am loving it. I used the mapping tools which were pretty straight forward and no mods and yet still it looks great to me.

Keleborm
Honored Guest
So, the most critical question, is the game playable now on the Rift? I read a lot about the 1.3 input emulator being bugged with the new release of SteamVR. Can we still use the 1.2 version?

Thunderbane
Explorer
Its totally playable, been playing it since christmas and i have now finished the main quest and i am playing the Far Harbor DLC and using the 1.2 input emulator. Its not 100% perfect, but its not far off. Its really not that bad certainly played a lot lot worse in VR. I wouldnt let the controls put you off playing FO4 in VR.

FO4 is probably my most played game at the moment in VR. Once ive finished the DLC im going to replay it from the start again in survival (with a few mods to increase the immersiveness to the max)

and side with the other factions i didnt pick in my first play through. (sided with the BOS in my current)
Theres certainly some amazing OMG moments in FO4VR, came across a giant hermet crab yesterday that was using a bus as its shell, i screamed like a little girl...
I have all the DLC installed, the HD textures are nice. Took me a while to get the game orginally setup because i didnt have a clue what i was doing but doing it again i could probably have it up and running in less than 30 mins. Anyway big thumbs up from me and after a year of VR gaming on the rift FO4 VR is probably my favourite VR game.

inovator
Consultant
I'm jelous. I'm enjoying skyrim on my Playstation vr. I have many hours to go. Then  I will play the new doom vr game and some rift games that I haven't played yet. If by that time fallout vr isn't announced for rift optimization or for Playstation vr I'll take the plunge and god help me I'll try to tweek  it myself

Thunderbane
Explorer
i think it is just the controls now that are not initally set up for the rift. All other issues are the same for rift and vive. Its not something i would wait around for that needs "fixing" before you jump in and give it a play. Compared to a lot of VR stuff i have played over the last year its actually quite polished and very playable.

residentweevil
Expert Protege

Keleborm said:

So, the most critical question, is the game playable now on the Rift? I read a lot about the 1.3 input emulator being bugged with the new release of SteamVR. Can we still use the 1.2 version?

You can choose a different version of Steam VR that runs the older version of the emulator 100% fine.