cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home 2.0 - How to unlock the cool stuff?

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Does anyone know how to unlock the cool items in the example homes?  Like the fairy tree, the humming bird, the airship etc?
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060
27 REPLIES 27

MoeCapp
Protege
I just want to unlock proper free locomotion.

AKreska said:

I thought you guys might appreciate this.  😄
27se1dr5z3k9.jpg

...that could be the same achievement for those who work in the windowless rooms at customs

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
I agree with above, it's all about using VR, playing games and such. I've unlocked a lot of stuff now since December, including the Fairy tree. To be honest the more you unlock the harder it is to have some kind of running theme in the room. As I want to see everything that's new, but at the same time I don't want my room to look like a circus!
It would be GREAT to be able to save several room layouts. So I could switch between a game room with targets and my zen room with the fairy tree.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

LZoltowski
Champion

I agree with above, it's all about using VR, playing games and such. I've unlocked a lot of stuff now since December, including the Fairy tree. To be honest the more you unlock the harder it is to have some kind of running theme in the room. As I want to see everything that's new, but at the same time I don't want my room to look like a circus!
It would be GREAT to be able to save several room layouts. So I could switch between a game room with targets and my zen room with the fairy tree.

You can have as many rooms as you like. It's in there.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

HacXander
Protege
Do I get rewards for spending time in Steam VR games?

LZoltowski
Champion

Do I get rewards for spending time in Steam VR games?

I don't think so, played Skyrim for hours but no boxes then jumped into Medium in VR and got a box after 30 mins.

However, if you spend time in Home for a few mins at least once a week, you get 3 "loot boxes" as a reward, every 7 days.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't checked mine for ages due to playing seated experiences for so long. I might have to blow the dust off my Touch controllers and have a look at some point. I've probably got more boxes than Father Christmas at the moment lol 😮 😄 😄 😄

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

I haven't checked mine for ages due to playing seated experiences for so long. I might have to blow the dust off my Touch controllers and have a look at some point. I've probably got more boxes than Father Christmas at the moment lol 😮 😄 😄 😄

Oh yeah, good luck with that. The new spooky Halloween set is actually a lot of fun, very Adams Family decor.

Be kind to one another 🙂

CrashFu
Consultant

snowdog said:

I've heard that shaking the box so that it rumbles and glows the brightest gives you better items. I've certainly got a fair few good ones since I started doing that. It's all in the wrist lol 😮 😄

I enjoy opening it in creative ways, too.  If you very gently 'boop' it with your hand (might have to be making a fist)  it'll float off into the air and you can use it for archery practice. :lol:

Or set up some of those digital targets and just chuck it at 'em like you're playing a carnival game, lol.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

kzintzi
Trustee
I try and bounce them off of different objects in my home - just in case that makes a difference :tongue:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.