cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Real name on my account

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Hi Everybody, New here I haven't had a chance to setup my rift yet as I'm on vacation. When I made this account I allowed my phone to auto fill in the fields. Unfortunately the real name part is incorrect and I don't see a way to fix it. 
 Second question, can I install rift software and games on my D drive as my C ssd is nearly full
Thanks 
43 REPLIES 43

Firebird621
Honored Guest
I spelled my real name wrong with two M's instead of N's, I'm so stupid. 

Tadin
Heroic Explorer

I spelled my real name wrong with two M's instead of N's, I'm so stupid. 

That made me LoL :smiley:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed mine from Harvey to Harv by linking my Facebook account and changing that, so that's one way around it. B)

DJ-Sky
Honored Guest
I second this not being able to change your name is b.s. what is the problem with changing ones name. 

MoeCapp
Protege
The whole real names thing is really really tacky anyway. Let us forge our own identities, it's supposed to be entertainment not an IRS form.

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
I agree, one thing that really fucks me off is that I can't link my username around the web to have people join me in VR (as sharpfish or 'new username') without them ALSO being able to easily find me on this forum and/or my real name. Well I guess my complaint is a bit different but still tied to the daft inflexibility of the system. I want to decouple my forum name from my oculus user name but can't because they are linked now. Unless I delete all my posts to wipe my history (some would like that I'm sure! 😉 ).

p.s never did get my poster of the week t-shirt (back in july 2017) even after giving my full address/details to Cyber, I think now it was just a cruel joke to stalk me and case my property! 😛 
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

Hey @Sharpfish, you can get a Cockulus Rift T-Shirt on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cockulus-Rift-T-shirt-Artwork-Oculus-Rift-Freerange-VR-/281352756317

That probably doesn't help.

LZoltowski
Champion
People should learn accountability, esp you young ones! I don't like the whole anonymous bull*rap .. it has bred toxic comments and posts all over the internet. Midnight keyboard warriors that think they can say anything without being held accountable for the lulz. Act like you would in real life, with decency and a shred of empathy. If you are going to act like a dic* then do so in real life too and see how fast you get punched in a bar.

You shape your identity since you are born, it's your choice, and if you have to change it online because you never liked the real you  and suddenly you feel like you are owed the world... then that's your problem  .. no everyone else's.

Wow ... Computer, end Rant .. and exit arch.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant

Wow ... Computer, end Rant .. and exit arch.

Request denied.  Password is incorrect. 

Please try again in 24 hours. 

Beep. 

😄 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Yay Lorenzo Larry Zoltowski for president.

😛 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.