cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project: GPL to Assetto Corsa now with added Tutorial

I posted in another thread about a project I was doing to convert a Grand Prix Legends track (Rouen Les Essarts) into Assetto Corsa so that the old classic could be given a new lease of life and raced in gorgeous virtual reality.

So for anyone who's interested, I'll post updates here. It's very slow going as I'm not spending much time on it. The track surface has to be done from scratch and most of the scenery placed by hand. Anyway if anyone's interested I'll keep at it and maybe put together a tutorial, some of you guys may like to try your hands at converting another track or take over this one! I'm trying to stick with free or cheap software to do the conversion, which means Blender... so you've been warned!!

mfuacgn14ctn.jpg

Just working on the hairpin Virage du Nouveau Monde.

35 REPLIES 35

LZoltowski
Champion
@DaftnDirect SO Asseto Corsa lets you import your own custom assets and textures too?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Not so much import assets into Assetto Corsa, but import the assets into your Blender or 3DS max project, before exporting the whole thing as an fbx file for Assetto Corsa's kseditor to convert into the kn5 file. It's a little long-winded but not too bad.

But yes, you can have whatever you want, with whatever textures, provided you use the object naming rules that AC needs to recognise what a road surface is for example

LZoltowski
Champion

Not so much import assets into Assetto Corsa, but import the assets into your Blender or 3DS max project, before exporting the whole thing as an fbx file for Assetto Corsa's kseditor to convert into the kn5 file. It's a little long-winded but not too bad.

But yes, you can have whatever you want, with whatever textures, provided you use the object naming rules that AC needs to recognise what a road surface is for example

Excellent, im thinking of doing a Tron style track!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

I thought you'd have something imaginative in mind... AC has a few limitations which are a bit of a shame... it doesn't appear to allow animated textures or animated objects, except for an animated flag shader you can assign for the... erm... flags.

Lighting effects may be a bit limited too, it doesn't use your projects lighting assets, but just uses pre-defined lighting dependent on whether you choose sunny, overcast etc. Hope that doesn't put you off.

Edit, from memory, I think you can adjust ambient lighting as well as choose what weather to use, so a totally enclosed race area may be possible without being totally in the dark, if you wanted to have a 'grid' style environment. Not 100% sure though.

Edit, Edit: I just remembered, in kseditor you can decide whether each material casts a shadow or not so a totally enclosed track is definitely possible. I guess that method could be used to create lighting effects of sorts but you're in uncharted terratory!

adman.88389
Honored Guest

قق

user.295621
Honored Guest

B