cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift goes black when I remove headset after playing

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
so whatvthe title says. So recently a new thing has started with my rift which I can’t understand why as nothing has changed to my computer. I’ve had it a yr roughly and have never had an issue with the display.. until the other day.. I turn on my computer, put headset on and play away... but then I stop playing, quit game and take off my headset. If I don’t put it back on within minutes the entire display will all be black, can’t see anything! And no white or orange light showing, BUT there is sound. Closing out oculus and restarting the program does nothing.. still black. Only way of fixing is restarting my computer which allows me to see again in the headset, until I remove the headset and everything repeats again.. any ideas on what’s going on?
11 REPLIES 11

LZoltowski
Champion

Tried reloading the 388.59 driver, same issue.  If I take off the head set for a second, it goes black, need to reload everything >:/

Have you tried disabling the guardian system, it seems to fix the issue.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

david_boland
Honored Guest
Disabled the guardian system, worked a treat. Cheers