cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
Current front view closeup, one of the hands more or less sculpted.  This one will probably take a few more days to get to where I want it, still like the general direction though
ehz0zi9qetvq.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Switching directions for a bit.  Got interested in the default skeleton mesh, and decided that it would be fun to start an ongoing anatomy study.  Just work through it section by section over a period of time, since I seem to be jumping from sculpt to sculpt a lot lately as my interests move from place to place in terms of techniques I want to look at
z2m2b3wwod3s.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
A few more hours on this one, not sure that I'm actually making any real progress on it though, even with the addition of fingers and toes.  Some parts improved, others, like the front leg/shin, I feel like I took a step back on.  Anatomy is tricky as hell, get something where you like it from one angle, turn it a bit and the flaws jump out at you like a  freight train. One part out of place, another out of proportion, this muscle too thick, that one too thin, curved at an awkward angle, over/under smoothed, stretched inaccurately. Whole thing is a moving target when the light shifts. Focus too closely on one area and the dynamic with the next area takes a new direction. Definitely a love/hate thing.  Lots of moving parts, takes a long time to dial it in, but I suppose that's the nature of the learning process. 
0fyp1ccxmwhc.png

0j4xdd3bjpy4.png
o6g22tk72yhi.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick test of a concept. 

Not really sure if it has a lot of applications, but an interesting experiment in coloring.  Layered clay zones, cut them, moved, swirled filled a bit to get a clay color mix.   Duplicated it.  Cloned a mesh.  Converted to clay. Used the clay-mesh and one of the mixed clay sets and used subtract (since intersect lost the color).    Then overlapped the clay with the cutout inside it and the earlier clone.   Intersected the forms.

Result:  a somewhat camouflaged hatchling.  Higher resolution and more careful placement of clay sections, or maybe just a luckier cut, and some possibilities.  Probably just easier to airbrush it.  Then again, airbrushing thin initial clay layers might also have some interesting possibilities if a more thorough (as opposed to a quick, "let's see what happens when I do this" attempt at this technique was used.
jp87dv1sogzf.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange and interesting things travel down this path.  All sorts of unexpected possibilities
69xaccl1vtyu.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Begin to emerge
h8rl3cfz1kaf.pngz6ctkk352pxs.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Looks like you've managed to recreate the whole Timothy Leary experience in VR  😄

Henri1970
Adventurer

P3nT4gR4m said:

Looks like you've managed to recreate the whole Timothy Leary experience in VR  😄

:wink:  

Anonymous
Not applicable
“The level of intelligence has been tremendously increased, because
people are thinking and communicating in terms of screens, and not in
lettered books. Much of the real action is taking place in what is
called cyberspace. People have learned how to boot up, activate, and
transmit their brains." -- Timothy Leary

Henri1970
Adventurer
someone else seems to be tuned in here :smile: