New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Audio Cuts Out After a Few Seconds... $400 for this...

oGhostioGhosti Posts: 14
NerveGear
My drivers are up to date.
Software is up to date.
I've repaired the oculus program.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times.
Restarted PC many times during other steps.
Changed USB locations.
Disabled all other audio devices.
Set Rift audio as default. 
My normal headset works 100% of the time, never have issues. I'd use this, but it has an ANNOYINGLY short cord.....

Everything was working for the first hour or so when I first got this thing, now it's just had issues after issues after ISSUES everyday almost.
I didn't even touch the thing for the past 2 days because it made me so frustrated. 
I've fixed all the previous issues but this one, and it appears there are MANY other people having the same problem.

Has ANYONE found a solution yet, that actually works?

Comments

  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,114
    Wintermute
    Did you try to open a support ticket with Oculus (https://support.oculus.com/)? They may help to narrow the cause.

    Also, what happen if you don't use Rift audio but, for testing purpose, output the sound elsewhere (monitor, other headphone, etc.)?

    “Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

    "Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

    I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

  • oGhostioGhosti Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    Did you try to open a support ticket with Oculus (https://support.oculus.com/)? They may help to narrow the cause.

    Also, what happen if you don't use Rift audio but, for testing purpose, output the sound elsewhere (monitor, other headphone, etc.)?

    It works perfectly, 100%.
    Just as other users have posted. :/

    I so far managed to fix it actually, for me it was a matter of fixing something in the registry regarding the services for Oculus.
  • oGhostioGhosti Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    "It works perfectly, 100%.
    Just as other users have posted" As in, the audio works all the time, until I open the Oculus Home thing, and put the headset on. It worked for about 5 seconds or less, then cuts off.

    But as I said, I fixed it. For now....
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,114
    Wintermute
    oGhosti said:
    "It works perfectly, 100%.
    Just as other users have posted" As in, the audio works all the time, until I open the Oculus Home thing, and put the headset on. It worked for about 5 seconds or less, then cuts off.

    But as I said, I fixed it. For now....
    How exactly you fixed it please? that may help other guys with similar problem searching for thread talking about this. You can't imagine how much time I found a thread describing the exact same problems and symptoms I have which ended by just a "Ok guy, I fixed it by myself, thanks!" ;)

    “Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

    "Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

    I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

  • oGhostioGhosti Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    YoLolo69 said:
    oGhosti said:
    "It works perfectly, 100%.
    Just as other users have posted" As in, the audio works all the time, until I open the Oculus Home thing, and put the headset on. It worked for about 5 seconds or less, then cuts off.

    But as I said, I fixed it. For now....
    How exactly you fixed it please? that may help other guys with similar problem searching for thread talking about this. You can't imagine how much time I found a thread describing the exact same problems and symptoms I have which ended by just a "Ok guy, I fixed it by myself, thanks!" ;)
    I changed the port it was plugged into (From 3.0 to a 2.0) again, it seemed to just.. work this time for some odd reason.
    So far my experiences with Oculus.. lots of bugs. :/

    Hope it helps you guys out.

    Sorry for the late response, haven't touched my PC recently.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,585 Valuable Player
    edited January 2018
    The problem is that not all USB3.0 were created the same way - it's possible your 3.0 has problems such as: driver support, power delivery, data hiccups, none supported 3.0 version  - etc etc.
  • oGhostioGhosti Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Mradr said:
    The problem is that not all USB3.0 were created the same way - it's possible your 3.0 has problems such as: driver support, power delivery, data hiccups, none supported 3.0 version  - etc etc.
    Yeah it's probably it. I've since this moved all the Sensor USB's to the bottom 2.0's and the Headset USB to the top 2.0.
    Other devices are using the 2 3.0's.
Sign In or Register to comment.