cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus refuses to provide free games for new touch controllers

zorke
Honored Guest
I have just installed brand new touch controllers out of the box. I did not get the promised games on my account so I opened a support ticket. I provided the serial numbers (as photos of the actual numbers and the box) and proof of purchase. However because I did not buy them directly from Oculus they are refusing to release the free games. They say they cannot prove these were never used, but they have the serial numbers! This sounds like a company just looking for an excuse not to live up to obligations.
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you send me a private message with your ticket number? I'd like to take a look at this tomorrow when I'm in the office and see if there is any way to help. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Did you buy these from a reputable dealer, or second hand?
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

zorke
Honored Guest
I go them from a reputable dealer, but, since Oculus does not deal directly with my country it was not a their agent.It would seem that having the serial numbers is enough to reassure them. 

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^Well at best this is a little hiccup and it will get sorted out, at worse for whatever reason you won't get the games so you have the option to return them to the dealer and get a full refund, not the best outcome but at least you don't lose anything.

zorke
Honored Guest
OK after much to and fro with oculus support it appears the situation is as follows: the controllers are brand new and unused, however oculus "cannot knowingly assist users in unsupported regions". So no free games. Some argument then followed about making business in those countries harder in future!? That argument I did not follow, it must be some kind of legalese. 

Given that the dealer fulfilled their part of the deal and the problem lies with oculus, there is no refund.
I guess it just means that the cost of ownership is just that much higher for early adopters where I live.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
In my view the seller is still at fault, they are selling products into parts of the world that are not covered by manufactors or retail warrenty, so i would say the seller is totally responsible and should be the one that has to either give you a full refund or give you some game codes, and secondly i would contact that seller to ask if you at least have a retail warrenty usually for 12 months, if you have none of these then i sugest you return it and get a full refund as the seller in my view is anything but reputable if they are selling products not supported by the prodcuts company, almost like grey imports where you have nothing if this costly item happens to go faulty.